Thornes card situation

Derbados

We all know George is one card away from a suspension. With that in mind do you think we could have played it slightly tactical today and got the fifth booking so he misses out Rotherha, who no offence to them we could probably beat without George. We've got two big games coming up after Rotherham, it would absolutely kill me if he got a yellow against QPR and missed the Forest game!! 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should play against Rotherham and if he gets booked again so be and he misses QPR.

If he doesn't then Clement has a strategic decision to take as to whether to risk him against QPR. I think we should have enough good quality options to be able to consider resting George against QPR if the need arises. We keep banging on about the strength in depth we have, but still seem to come over all of a flutter if we think we may actually have to invoke some of it.

Nah, points are points and we need to field the strongest team at all times. What if he doesn't get it for 8 games? Or 12 games? No point worrying about when it comes, and I'm certain the professionalism of the manager/player wouldn't allow such tactics. 

He should play against Rotherham and if he gets booked again so be and he misses QPR.

If he doesn't then Clement has a strategic decision to take as to whether to risk him against QPR. I think we should have enough good quality options to be able to consider resting George against QPR if the need arises. We keep banging on about the strength in depth we have, but still seem to come over all of a flutter if we think we may actually have to invoke some of it.

Why on earth would we rest him aagainst QPR?

Sorry but have I missed something here? He is on 3 cards and a suspension is five yellows.

I also thought that he was on 4 yellows, but according to the club site stats, it's 3. However, I've just checked the Football League site and they have him on 4.

Keep playing him and deal with the suspension as and when. I'd sooner have three points off QPR than florist if it was one or the other. QPR might make a run for promotion and be a threat. Florist won't.

To be honest if Hanson had to play against Forest, I'd fancy him for the winner or at least one heck of a performance!

I agree I'd love Hanson to get some game time against forest, i'd imagine he'd very much get stuck in and he'd put in a very passionate performance. Saw him out a couple of weeks ago on a night out and I was star struck!!

Archived