Wouldn't of scored if we had played all night

Curtains

I really wish we'd won last night - not for the 3 points (which would have been nice), but because we might just have had a few less whinging posts on this site - whatever happened to supporting the team and getting behind the players? - half the posters on here wouldn't know patience if it bit them on the backside - and to be writing players off at this stage (particularly some who've hardly touched a ball this season) is quite frankly pathetic....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish we'd won last night - not for the 3 points (which would have been nice), but because we might just have had a few less whinging posts on this site - whatever happened to supporting the team and getting behind the players? - half the posters on here wouldn't know patience if it bit them on the backside - and to be writing players off at this stage (particularly some who've hardly touched a ball this season) is quite frankly pathetic....

I did say we had the wool pulled over our eyes with Wiemann, Bent ,Pearce and Baird and I stand by that but because we've signed them we have to try them out. 

I always said Shackell and Ince were good signings as are Butterfield and Johnson .

Stop having a go at me  

What do you want me to say  

Why did we sign Bent,do we just sign players with big reputations to keep the fans on board.Have we now got that much cash,we pay players top wages so other clubs cant have them.

Bent was a stella signing,why  as a main striker is he not playing.Are we going through a period where we sign players,put them in a group.and tell the coach do your best.

Money only works if spent well,with the major investment , times are exiting and good luck to Mel Morris.

P.S.   all players that balloon the ball over the bar should be fined 1000 pounds,we will soon have another few million to spend on strikers.

Yes, arguably our best two chances came from set play - both Keogh headers.

We didn't win because we couldn't break down their back 4.

When we had the ball and mainly down the right flank, Christie took too long to do something with it - it was not his fault all the time, it was also that CM was isolated up front , the midfield sat too deep......

We made Burnley look very average, everything for me was spot on last night we attacked with purpose, we defended when we had to, but where ws the pass and move? Everything was good except that final 3rd and this is where we have struggled since day 1  - hence why we have only scored 7 goals.

The quality of players we have in midfield we should be carving up defences........

Can't wait for when Curtains returns in about a week or two when he's got nowt to do and bored and starts another thread asking the same question and then replying with another question instead of answering...

got you all on a rod.... Fills the net everytime. Unlike our team... Just wait for the inevitable cycle... 

What is a knabby cracker? Can they play midfield?

While we are at it, The Teflon Don - surely a knabby cracker of a title. Do for me, has style panache and a bit of pepperami about it.

Isn't it about time we had a first eleven of best dcfcffans monickers?

Curtains

Knabby Cracker  Teflon Don   Mafiabob    Oves Aries

Spanish     ?         ?

?         ?          ?

What is a knabby cracker? Can they play midfield?

While we are at it, The Teflon Don - surely a knabby cracker of a title. Do for me, has style panache and a bit of pepperami about it.

Isn't it about time we had a first eleven of best dcfcffans monickers?

Curtains

Knabby Cracker  Teflon Don   Mafiabob    Oves Aries

Spanish     ?         ?

?         ?          ?

The mobility or throttling of the midfield runners is the problem. What Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick, do/did so well under Maclaren has changed. Glaringly so. Makes the one up top position difficult without all the runners. 

Conversely its probably why we seem more solid, we haven't ,over committed when the play breaks down.

Anybody else think we missed Ince? I don't think I've seen it mentioned elsewhere but in a game as tight as the one last night Ince can be the difference. How many times last season did we see him get half a yard around the edge of the box and at the very least test the keeper? In my opinion he's the player most likely to create something out of nothing - which we needed last night. Hope he's back for Saturday. 

Archived