Wouldn't of scored if we had played all night

Curtains

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who watched that game last night and though for one second that Bent would have come on and scored is deluded.

Clement knows that if a team is parking the bus then Bent is not a threat.

Take a reality check - we didn't not score through lack of trying. We actually had more efforts/chances than we normally do against the Coach Park Rangers-style team. Which is encouraging. I think if we'd had Ince on the pitch instead of Weimann we may have had even more chances, and maybe scored one

Anyone who watched that game last night and though for one second that Bent would have come on and scored is deluded.

Clement knows that if a team is parking the bus then Bent is not a threat.

Take a reality check - we didn't not score through lack of trying. We actually had more efforts/chances than we normally do against the Coach Park Rangers-style team. Which is encouraging. I think if we'd had Ince on the pitch instead of Weimann we may have had even more chances, and maybe scored one

You also said that we had the wool pulled over our eyes with the summer signings...and then went on to say that we played like Real Madrid.

You change your mind more often than I change my pants.

I am sick of fans saying we need to buy more players every time we don't win a game.

We have a big squad and have appointed a worldwide renowned coach, who surely should be getting the best out of what he has got now (don't forget we have probably already spent somewhere between £15m and £20m).

If we still need more players now then we need to shift some players out, or start questioning the people that have brought the summer signings into the squad.

I did say we had the wool pulled over our eyes with Wiemann, Bent ,Pearce and Baird and I stand by that but because we've signed them we have to try them out. 

I always said Shackell and Ince were good signings as are Butterfield and Johnson .

i can't help it that I'm right and you were wrong get a life. 

Until we have a coach that knows how to break down a defence, we will struggle all season long with teams that come to nick a point.

Charlton, Boro and now Burnley all come to play the same way and almost every oppostion team will do the same.

The quality is there to win games, its just not being used correctly........

I really wish we'd won last night - not for the 3 points (which would have been nice), but because we might just have had a few less whinging posts on this site - whatever happened to supporting the team and getting behind the players? - half the posters on here wouldn't know patience if it bit them on the backside - and to be writing players off at this stage (particularly some who've hardly touched a ball this season) is quite frankly pathetic....

Archived