Wouldn't of scored if we had played all night

Curtains

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said, that's understandable, but I'm afraid my answer would have to be "tough titties". At 20 grand/week(at least) he'd better find a way to make Bent work or at the very least not write him off after 180 minutes of football. Unless someone wants to tell me that Bent was signed with no input from the manager whatsoever, in which case we have bigger problems.

Absolutely correct again, Curtains. We did not look like scoring. Burnley are not going to lose many games this season. Concrete defence and quick playuers up front.We look pedestrian by comparison. Big improvement in Christie to say the least. Weimann has difficulty controlling the ball at present. Bent was a must last night. If I was Butterfield I would not want substituting at present, only when I had produced a match winning performance. Surely Johnson is playing too deep for best results. I remember him bursting through and having rasping shots. I wonder what difference, Ince would have made.

No need to panic

The goals will come and I firmly believe that someone will get a real hiding very soon.  

We just need to settle down with a system (which we seem to be doing now) and just a little more quality in the delivery ,then it'll happen.

Russell was full of energy and fully deserves his spot in the team.....only gripe was his 2 free kicks were dreadful and wasted the opportunities. 

At least we finally have the defence clicking, Keogh was top class last night

No need to panic

The goals will come and I firmly believe that someone will get a real hiding very soon.  

We just need to settle down with a system (which we seem to be doing now) and just a little more quality in the delivery ,then it'll happen.

Russell was full of energy and fully deserves his spot in the team.....only gripe was his 2 free kicks were dreadful and wasted the opportunities. 

At least we finally have the defence clicking, Keogh was top class last night

Oh I see sorry you are implying that Martin is our sole striker and the others are wingers. 

The team as a whole have the responsibility for creating and scoring goals but in general the bulk of the goals will come from the Centre Forwards ie Martin and Bent who isn't playing. 

eg.     

Aguero for Man City 

Costa for Chelsea 

Martial or Rooney for Man U 

Etc etc 

I am not implying that, that is how it is. Martin started as a lone striker, or did he have a strike partner?

Now you are contradicting yourself, so which is it, the strikers that start (Martin) have to take the responsibility or the team as a whole? It is you that said:

I wanted to know if this opinion included the wide players or just Martin?

I am not implying that, that is how it is. Martin started as a lone striker, or did he have a strike partner?

Now you are contradicting yourself, so which is it, the strikers that start (Martin) have to take the responsibility or the team as a whole? It is you that said:

I wanted to know if this opinion included the wide players or just Martin?

Archived