I think Clements still learning this media lark. . .

Derbados

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres a video going around which that isn't a link to where Clement goes to shake the hand of the presenter, had his hands full with an iPad and microphone and ended up shaking his finger. Not sure why it's getting so much attention tbh

Here you go: 

Said it last night, awful format to interview a manager after the game - making him hold a mic and stand in between two media-trained presenters. Clement did look uncomfortable stood there, but I think most managers would. They even made him walk out of the shot instead of cutting to another camera. Very messy.

Minto came out of it looking more clumsy to me. Clement seems pretty media savvy throughout.

The whole media perception  is rubbish anyhow. It's all about results isn't it...if we'd won 3-0 you'd have thought, oh yes he's professional, calm and collected...if we'd lost you'd more likely be thinking he's clearly clueless and spouting empty soundbites to cover his ineptitude. 

When Mourinho gets all irritable its the amusing 'mind games' of a top manager deflecting the pressure from his players, but when it's Nigel Pearson who's acting all weird with the media he's obviously lost it and the pressure has got to him...until he starts winning games, then he's a genius, man motivator!

Archived