Car Crashes

Mostyn6

Just get a BMW and then rules don't apply to you and everything is somebody else's fault. Of course everyone knows you're a knob head. 

It was a BMW that caused me my only crash. A lane hopping BMW. 

It's amazing how Knobs are so drawn to a specific brand of vehicle. 

From my experience the knob head list..

BMW

BMW

VW Golf

Subaru

Audi 

Never had a Subaru me. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever had a car crash?

I've had two, one of them being this morning.

Both of my crashes have been identical. Me, approaching a roundabout in lane two, the car to the left of me, but slightly ahead, deciding he wants to go right, and coming across the front of me.

I'm livid, cos I am currently driving a hire car, with a £900 excess, this moron might've just cost me some of that. I don't know the intricacies of insurance claims, but I don't expect to not have to put up a fight to avoid paying for this idiot's poor driving.

If he has come across the front of you and is in the wrong then it is his fault, there shouldnt be any excess to pay - If the other person desnt accept liability you may have to pay some then depending if the hire company insurance fights that and wins (i.e its decide your not at fault) you will be able to get that back.

When I lived in Cornwall I had to park on the road outside my house. It was the main road through a village, not particularly busy, but it is a straight road, so many people drove too fast. I had two cars written of in a year, whilst parked, by people swerving into them to avoid oncoming traffic. That was pretty annoying in itself, but the absolute most irritating thing is that my insurance premiums doubled at the renewal as, according to three insurers, I was a 'high risk' driver. I asked them how on earth I could be such as the cars were parked entirely legally and I've never had so much as a bump in more than 25 years of driving? Even when I moved back to Derby and was able to park on my driveway in a nice quiet cull-de-sac, they still charged me an increased premium.

Just get a BMW and then rules don't apply to you and everything is somebody else's fault. Of course everyone knows you're a knob head. 

It was a BMW that caused me my only crash. A lane hopping BMW. 

It's amazing how Knobs are so drawn to a specific brand of vehicle. 

From my experience the knob head list..

BMW

BMW

VW Golf

Subaru

Audi 

you missed Renault Clio and Vauxhall Corsa. some idiot was right on my bumper on pride park early one morning so I took the roundabout by the stadium (at frankie & benny's) without braking. He nearly ended up in the barriers.

good old Subaru 4 wheel drive.

Someone drove into the side of me as I was turning into a side street, they claimed I was parked up at the side of the road and just pulled out without warning. When reality was that she was speeding and wasn't paying attention. Ruined a good day, it was the day we won with 10 men.

And to top it off there were no witnesses and the insurance company said that 50/50 was the only outcome as the stories varied so much.

I crashed into the back of a white van on the A64 between York and Leeds in torrential rain. I accept it was my fault even though the arsewipe stopped suddenly to turn without indicating.

He leapt out, and apologised, helped us to push the car onto the verge, radiator was smashed by the step on the back of his van, no damage to the van, apologised profusely several more times, asked repeatedly if me and the mrs were ok.

Thanked him and apologised mesen but he kept saying, no, no, its my fault, hope your ok etc, etc. He drove off after exchanging details.

Got the breakdown truck out to get us home and sorted everything out.

The dirty Yorkshire ******* claimed for whiplash injuries off my insurance.

I had one crash, about a month after passing my test, over three years ago now. It's probably the most brain-dead thing I've ever done.

I was going back to work after having lunch, and the drive leads out onto the village's main road. I looked right. I looked left, right up to the crest of the road - nothing coming. I looked right again. Nothing coming. I looked right up the road on the left again - remarkably clear for a road that's normally quite busy. So I pulled out.

Somehow, I managed to look so far left, I didn't see the gold Ford Mondeo coming from the left. I drove straight into him. I can't imagine how stupid I might have looked - to anyone who saw it, a Fiat Panda somehow managed to drive directly into the only car going down a main road. In fact I timed it perfectly, and managed to damage all three side panels on the bloke's Ford.

I think I'd rank that (On the brain-dead scale) pretty far below "failure of a autonomous brain function leading to absently mindedly leaving the handbrake off, walking into your house, sitting on the sofa and then hearing a massive bang outside of your window, writing off someone else's car but not actually doing any damage to your own"

Archived