Car Crashes

Mostyn6

Ever had a car crash?

I've had two, one of them being this morning.

Both of my crashes have been identical. Me, approaching a roundabout in lane two, the car to the left of me, but slightly ahead, deciding he wants to go right, and coming across the front of me.

I'm livid, cos I am currently driving a hire car, with a £900 excess, this moron might've just cost me some of that. I don't know the intricacies of insurance claims, but I don't expect to not have to put up a fight to avoid paying for this idiot's poor driving.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not having the best of luck in cars Mostyn, what with your road rage the other day as well, have to start wondering is it just bad luck being surrounded by bad drivers or should we be starting to question your driving skills.......:p  

Ever had a car crash?

I've had two, one of them being this morning.

Both of my crashes have been identical. Me, approaching a roundabout in lane two, the car to the left of me, but slightly ahead, deciding he wants to go right, and coming across the front of me.

I'm livid, cos I am currently driving a hire car, with a £900 excess, this moron might've just cost me some of that. I don't know the intricacies of insurance claims, but I don't expect to not have to put up a fight to avoid paying for this idiot's poor driving.

Obviosuly all depends on establishing guilt & surely the location of the damage should decide that. If the damage is on the side of the vehicles, then it's the other car's fault. If he cut you up & you hit the back of him, then that could get difficult to prove - unless of course you have witnesses?.

It's just the hassle of sorting it when it isn't your fault that is the pain in the backside. I had one about 18 months ago where a minibus didn't see me already on a roundabout and pulled out into the side of me. No argument as to fault but it still took weeks to sort out. Paying & claiming back for repairs and taking time off work to have my car sorted etc.

I hope you get it sorted as painlessly as possible.

Not having the best of luck in cars Mostyn, what with your road rage the other day as well, have to start wondering is it just bad luck being surrounded by bad drivers or should we be starting to question your driving skills.......:p  

I heard this was a case of bad road rage... saw him coming over the lane and decided to accelerate up his arse to teach him a lesson.

As I've just gone self-employed and am not paying myself too much, this is not what I need. Just to emphasise, I have the nickname of Daisy due to my very careful driving (Driving Miss Daisy) and my lack of boyracer skills.

I am genuinely faultless yet again. 

Approaching a roundabout, there are 3 lanes, the roundabout has two exits, one which is a continuation of the same road, which veers to the left, and a very sharp right. The bloke in the jeep was in the left lane, I was in middle lane, he decided to try to go right as he was effectively in the mouth of the exit!

I am the black arrow, he tried to go the way of the red arrow, from the left of me!

crash.thumb.jpg.3feb8bd10ba436494235b7f6

My last one was in about 1995 - I hit a palette which had just fallen off a lorry on the M42, hit the road and a huge chunk of it bounced in the air. Luckily I reacted quickly enough so that had fallen below the level of the windscreen when I hit it.

There are loads of idiots about, Mostyn - and roundabouts seem to baffle people. There was a bad accident yesterday on the A50 Castle Donington roundabout which resulted in a woman having to be cut out of the wreckage by the fire brigade.

My last one was in about 1995 - I hit a palette which had just fallen off a lorry on the M42, hit the road and a huge chunk of it bounced in the air. Luckily I reacted quickly enough so that had fallen below the level of the windscreen when I hit it.

There are loads of idiots about, Mostyn - and roundabouts seem to baffle people. There was a bad accident yesterday on the A50 Castle Donington roundabout which resulted in a woman having to be cut out of the wreckage by the fire brigade.

There's the problem right there.

As I've just gone self-employed and am not paying myself too much, this is not what I need. Just to emphasise, I have the nickname of Daisy due to my very careful driving (Driving Miss Daisy) and my lack of boyracer skills.

I am genuinely faultless yet again. 

Approaching a roundabout, there are 3 lanes, the roundabout has two exits, one which is a continuation of the same road, which veers to the left, and a very sharp right. The bloke in the jeep was in the left lane, I was in middle lane, he decided to try to go right as he was effectively in the mouth of the exit!

I am the black arrow, he tried to go the way of the red arrow, from the left of me!

crash.thumb.jpg.3feb8bd10ba436494235b7f6

which one was the Nazi ?

I had one crash, about a month after passing my test, over three years ago now. It's probably the most brain-dead thing I've ever done.

I was going back to work after having lunch, and the drive leads out onto the village's main road. I looked right. I looked left, right up to the crest of the road - nothing coming. I looked right again. Nothing coming. I looked right up the road on the left again - remarkably clear for a road that's normally quite busy. So I pulled out.

Somehow, I managed to look so far left, I didn't see the gold Ford Mondeo coming from the left. I drove straight into him. I can't imagine how stupid I might have looked - to anyone who saw it, a Fiat Panda somehow managed to drive directly into the only car going down a main road. In fact I timed it perfectly, and managed to damage all three side panels on the bloke's Ford.

I've had 3 accidents. One was my fault (a simple rear end shunt at a junction).
The bus one I mentioned earlier but my most spectacular one was on the M42 heading away from Birmingham. I'd picked up a brand new Golf 2 weeks earlier and it was my first ever new car. Another Golf hit my rear corner when he failed to stop in traffic and resulted in me spinning & going across all 3 lanes and into the barrier. It made a proper mess of the car and, though it was repaired, after only having it for 2 weeks it certainly took the shine off it - metaphorically and in reality. That was the first and last time I ever smoked in front of my boss, who was following a few minutes behind me.

Just get a BMW and then rules don't apply to you and everything is somebody else's fault. Of course everyone knows you're a knob head. 

It was a BMW that caused me my only crash. A lane hopping BMW. 

It's amazing how Knobs are so drawn to a specific brand of vehicle. 

From my experience the knob head list..

BMW

BMW

VW Golf

Subaru

Audi 

Archived