Reading v Derby County

Chris Mills

Denseness of what please stick to the point 

This is embarrassing.

Inglorious, I'd say if everyone here is suggesting it's too early to pair financial spending with league position, and you're saying it's not too early, who do you think may possibly be correct?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is embarrassing.

Inglorious, I'd say if everyone here is suggesting it's too early to pair financial spending with league position, and you're saying it's not too early, who do you think may possibly be correct?

He can't even tell when he's being called a bit thick. So I wouldn't hope to get anywhere. 

Just back now, can't comment on sending off as I didn't see it nor did any around me. Have to say the first half was very poor in my view. I thought Reading looked quite tidy, nice passing and had the better of the overall play without creating too much of a direct threat. Sending off then happened.

Second half was just as poor, I thought their keeper could of done better to actually save Ince's goal (will wait to see replay), apart from that I can't think of much else we created, few half chances. Wouldn't say we were hanging on at the end but the last 10 minutes or so was harder than it should have been, again they were passing around it quite nicely. Looks like they had a good chance to equalize right at the death but spooned it. Really quite fortunate to come away with 3 points in summary. Just didn't look we were gelling as a team tonight at times.

your a merry soul arent you????

Over half the £20m was spent on the 2 players who were signed on deadline day. Since then it's been 2 wins out of 2 - not a bad return eh?

I agree 2 wins out of 2 can't better I don't agree that spending £10 million on transfers for us to be lower half of the table before those 2 games is acceptable 

Fair comment so £10 million on transfer fees to yield 10th spot is acceptable then 

When we've had half of our midfield pick up injuries during the first few games I'd argue yes it is. We properly replaced Hughes and Bryson/Hendrick on deadline day and since then we have 2 wins from 2. Any team in the league would be affected if they lost the majority of their midfield in the space of 3 games, regardless of how much they'd spent

I agree 2 wins out of 2 can't better I don't agree that spending £10 million on transfers for us to be lower half of the table before those 2 games is acceptable 

We've brought in 9 players here. Let's ignore cost for a minute. It doesn't matter if 9 players cost £0 or £100 million. They still need to gel. There's still over a third of our squad who hadn't played with each other at all.

If you can't appreciate that then your understanding of the game is somewhat limited. I really can't believe that 7 games in people are seriously complaining about 10th. If we're 10th at Christmas fair enough, but until then give it a rest.

Just take a peek at the prem table and look for Chelsea. You might need to look at the lower regions. How much have they spent, in fact how much is their team worth.

Archived