Reading v Derby County

Chris Mills

Am not sure how anyone could put a positive spin on our league position given our huge transfer outlays so far, our league position does not justify spending circa £20 million on transfer fees

I'll have a go... And I'm not overtly positive in nature:

it's the 15th of September.

if you think Brighton are going to walk this league as they are now and Forest are going to mount a serious play off challenge then I'll stand corrected. 

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge 3 points.

Scrape a couple of wins. Suddenly the players have the winning feeling and confidence. Performances will improve. More wins. 

Goal for Ince will also hopefully kick start his season.

Clean sheet. 

NO INURIES.

Overall I am happy

I'll have a go... And I'm not overtly positive in nature:

it's the 15th of September.

if you think Brighton are going to walk this league as they are now and Forest are going to mount a serious play off challenge then I'll stand corrected. 

You didnt justify how £20 million on transfer fees to yield 10th spot is a good return

We may still be suffering a bit from last seasons late shambles.In addition we have

a new manager,a bit inexperienced.Then we have the injuries to set us back.

We just have to take every game as it comes and grind out the results,our

confidence will return.Don't need to look at the table,the season has hardly

started.

Am not sure how anyone could put a positive spin on our league position given our huge transfer outlays so far, our league position does not justify spending circa £20 million on transfer fees

To be fair though, we've spent £10m or so on two midfielders recently, and won both games in which they've started. We've only lost once. We're in the pack. I thought we were very solid tonight against a side who smacked five past a good Ipswich on Friday (so an extra days rest for Reading too..), and whilst our own football was rarely of an entertaining or exciting manner, the goal was a joy to watch and considering the many changes in personnel (including the manager) I think we're in an okay place right now. 

If others want to be negative, that's their prerogative. But I'm enjoying another away victory.

You didnt justify how £20 million on transfer fees to yield 10th spot is a good return

He justified it by saying that we're 7 bloody games in. You can't justify how being 2 points outside of the play-offs with 39 games to play is the end of the world.

£10mil of this £20mil outlay came after we'd played 5 games. Since then we're on maximum points. I don't really think your argument is valid at all.

clearly my first point didn't wade through the denseness... Absolutely nothing in the table at this stage. If we are here in December, I would be concerned with it. Forget the 10th position, be more concerned about how we are actually performing which is stuttering in places but is slowly starting to become a winning team. 

Just back now, can't comment on sending off as I didn't see it nor did any around me. Have to say the first half was very poor in my view. I thought Reading looked quite tidy, nice passing and had the better of the overall play without creating too much of a direct threat. Sending off then happened.

Second half was just as poor, I thought their keeper could of done better to actually save Ince's goal (will wait to see replay), apart from that I can't think of much else we created, few half chances. Wouldn't say we were hanging on at the end but the last 10 minutes or so was harder than it should have been, again they were passing around it quite nicely. Looks like they had a good chance to equalize right at the death but spooned it. Really quite fortunate to come away with 3 points in summary. Just didn't look we were gelling as a team tonight at times.

Don't think have bought bad though and accept players need to start jelling ,team showed character on sat but would love to see a convincing performance.Not taking away anything from tonight's result and appreciate trying to beat ten men isn't always easy.Lets hope this is the start of Ince firing on all cylinders and confidence from tonight's result shows in future performances

clearly my first point didn't wade through the denseness... Absolutely nothing in the table at this stage. If we are here in December, I would be concerned with it. Forget the 10th position, be more concerned about how we are actually performing which is stuttering in places but is slowly starting to become a winning team. 

Denseness of what please stick to the point 

Archived