England v Switzerland

froggg

Jimmy Greaves or Gary Lineker. Much more of a FACT than Rooney.

He'll never be classed as good as them because he's nowhere near as good as them. He's a good player but nowhere near world class, not anymore. 

I forget...remind me, how many goals did Greaves get..? And Lineker..? Go on tell me.... Also, let me know how many times you saw them both play..

Rooney is the greatest ever English striker, there isn't a question about that, it is just "diluted" because it's our generation and you get to see every game he plays. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to think of Rooney as the English Del Piero. Ace when he was younger, didn't quite live up to the potential but still a world class player. I'm not sure it's helped his career that Manu seem to give him a new position to play every season.

Del Piero? Continued scoring in Serie A well into his late 30s, still playing and scoring now at 40? Don't get the comparison...

I forget...remind me, how many goals did Greaves get..? And Lineker..? Go on tell me.... Also, let me know how many times you saw them both play..

Rooney is the greatest ever English striker, there isn't a question about that, it is just "diluted" because it's our generation and you get to see every game he plays. 

6 less than Rooney in 50 games less. Not once

Because he remained a world class player, as I said. But he also didn't live up to the hype he had around him when he was younger, as I said. 

I don't think it's fair to say either "didn't live up to the hype" with what they've both achieved...

Archived