Thorne doubt for Preston game, Bryson fit to return

Day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine it's speculation based on "He went off in last game" and "Club not giving the all clear"

I've realised I'd quite like to see a midfield comprised of Hanson, Johnson and Bryson... 1) it's actually a fairly balanced midfield trio and 2) so I can just stick with yelling "go on my 'son!" and it'll apply to all of them...

Of all our midfielders who would we say is the best natural replacement for the 'Thorne position'.

I am under the impression Butterfield is better deployed further forward.

Johnson has played the holding role in the past so he could probably fill that spot but obviously he's a lot more effective further forward or out on the left

Johnson might be happy to sit deep but I'd sooner play our record signing in a more favoured, effective position, at least for a while until he settles in. 

I think any new signing needs to hit the ground running. Hanson deep if we're playing three in midfield for me. 

Hanson deep for me. The boys not looked out of place playing further up  field so surely deserves playing in his preferred position. Let's give Hanson the chance when he gets it. The more games he plays the better he will get

Johnson might be happy to sit deep but I'd sooner play our record signing in a more favoured, effective position, at least for a while until he settles in. 

I think any new signing needs to hit the ground running. Hanson deep if we're playing three in midfield for me. 

Got to agree with this. Whilst Johnson might be happy to play that role, we paid a lot of money for his threat further forward.

The Thorne injury worries me.  He looks head and shoulders better than anything we have or anything else in this division.

I actually think we will lose him before we lose Hughes (unless we go up and they become the midfield two for England for 10 years while we establish ourselves as a top 4 club, before retiring and creating a Clough / Taylor type partnership and managing us to further glory).

Archived