Jeff Hendrick & ROI

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liam Brady, one of Ireland's most skillful players, was delighted to see the game turn on such an exceptional moment.

"A piece of individual magic, we thought it might come from Wes Hoolahan but I was very, very surprised when Hendrick came up with this," Brady said.

"That is the most productive thing he has done in an Irish jersey," he said later.

"I didn’t think he had that skill and he unlocked that very strong Georgian defence."

Re: Motivation

Interesting that Christie said something about how Roy Keane really helped motivate him to put in a sterling performance and score the goal, yet many have talked about his flagging confidence with us ... and then this from O'Neill on Jeff:

"Jeff Hendrick was absolutely magnificent for the goal. He has the ability to do that. He just needs a wee bit more encouragement."

It makes you ask the question if we are getting the best out of our players. I sure hope we are and we will.

Re: Motivation

Interesting that Christie said something about how Roy Keane really helped motivate him to put in a sterling performance and score the goal, yet many have talked about his flagging confidence with us ... and then this from O'Neill on Jeff:

"Jeff Hendrick was absolutely magnificent for the goal. He has the ability to do that. He just needs a wee bit more encouragement."

It makes you ask the question if we are getting the best out of our players. I sure hope we are and we will.

I've got a plan.

Maybe as the home support we should stop moaning at them, constantly telling them how **** they are, booing them and making their jobs hard. 

Instead, when a pass is misplaced or something doesn't come off, we encourage and support.

It might not help. But it just might.

I've got a plan.

Maybe as the home support we should stop moaning at them, constantly telling them how **** they are, booing them and making their jobs hard. 

Instead, when a pass is misplaced or something doesn't come off, we encourage and support.

It might not help. But it just might.

You'll never fit in at the ipro 

I remember in the play off season he came back for the last few games.. He oozed confidence and was brilliant I was thinking what a player!

Now like some other poster mentioned he doesn't offer him self for the ball more like tries to get marked so he doesn't get passed to.

In some ways I think some of the players may be effected by the crowd for each wrong / sideways / back pass so they don't become the Richard Keogh of the team.

Just watched it several times over. 

Very reminiscent of the skill showed by Jamie Ward against Forest. 

At matches i often see Jeff as a peripheral figure, sometimes I have to remind myself he's playing. But if all you manage to see are the 2 min match highlights he is more than often the one in our most effective moments. 

I think with the two new players he needed to produce for Ireland. That's two assists this break. Can't see him starting at Preston but I can see him being a hell of an impact player. 

I think Hendrick is a powerful and skillful player - where he lacks is football intelligence. From interviews (and player "bantz") you get the impression that he's a stereotypical "thicko footballer" but it does come across on the pitch sometimes too. I've noticed  a few times already this season that he's just not keeping up with speed of thought/movement that Clement is obviously trying to go for

I think Hendrick is a powerful and skillful player - where he lacks is football intelligence. From interviews (and player "bantz") you get the impression that he's a stereotypical "thicko footballer" but it does come across on the pitch sometimes too. I've noticed  a few times already this season that he's just not keeping up with speed of thought/movement that Clement is obviously trying to go for

In - A - Nut - Shell!

Just watched it several times over. 

Very reminiscent of the skill showed by Jamie Ward against Forest. 

At matches i often see Jeff as a peripheral figure, sometimes I have to remind myself he's playing. But if all you manage to see are the 2 min match highlights he is more than often the one in our most effective moments. 

I think with the two new players he needed to produce for Ireland. That's two assists this break. Can't see him starting at Preston but I can see him being a hell of an impact player. 

Hendricks way way better ... Use of both feet messi-esque

This thread is hilarious. Hendrick being (rightly) vilified for his woeful form, then he gets a nice assist and suddenly he's brilliant. Until he stops hiding from games he has no place in our side, for me. I'm hoping the new signings will get him fired up, because his selection in the team has been too easy for him.

spot on

Tend to agree with Penelope & Sage.

Pleased for Jeff (& R o I) and for Christie, but am rather pyzzed off that the pair has been so bereft and slack for DCFC on numerous occasions this and last season.

They show true talent - but can then disappear (Jeff), or commit schoolboy howlers (Cyrus).

We need the 'real' players to stand up and be counted - all season. 

Clement has either thrown down the gauntlet to them with the new crop of signings, or needs to find the motivation to consistently get the best out of 'em. Watch the next thrilling Championship instalments to find out what happens!   <_<

wasn't it hard keeping tabs on the derby players last night, I thought Hendrick didn't play the best last night but what a piece of genius from the lad, was Christie injured after is exploits..didn't feature did he ?

Cyrus back on the bench as expected - Seamus Coleman is the first choice right back for the ROI and was injured for the Gib game.

Archived