Jeff Hendrick & ROI

Walsall_Ram

Yeah, I have to say you're talking a bit of nonsense here. At that speed, you have to say Hendrick deserves credit. His close control and foot movement prevented the defender from intercepting. It was almost Eden Hazard-esque.

Not my favourite player at the moment, and I've all but given up on him, BUT he deserves credit there cos he didn't allow the defence to do anything simple.

Anything simple? Like showing him down the line onto his weaker foot? Like staying on his feet and simply blocking the cross?

I didn't say he deserved no credit, I just think the quality of the defending was the more factor. Since the vast majority of people are swooning over it, I thought I'd give a different opinion.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll never fit in at the ipro 

tbh mate I didn't feel like I did last season, such was the rubbish being spouted by people around me, even when we were top. Almost made me change seats after years in the same spot. I hoped seeing as they were clearly so unhappy they wouldn't be back this season, but they are.

Anything simple? Like showing him down the line onto his weaker foot? Like staying on his feet and simply blocking the cross?

I didn't say he deserved no credit, I just think the quality of the defending was the more factor. Since the vast majority of people are swooning over it, I thought I'd give a different opinion.

I think you're right. It was woeful defending by all three defenders, especially the third who made Hendrick's mind up for him by sliding in like that.

Lovely feet though, showed him the ball, which may well have given the defender the encouragement to dive in, and in a split second shifted it. 

So everyone on here wins. It was a lovely bit of play, assisted by some lousy defending.

I think you're right. It was woeful defending by all three defenders, especially the third who made Hendrick's mind up for him by sliding in like that.

Lovely feet though, showed him the ball, which may well have given the defender the encouragement to dive in, and in a split second shifted it. 

So everyone on here wins. It was a lovely bit of play, assisted by some lousy defending.

I prefer to credit Jeff thanks. 

Yeah I agree, all our players are shít, the only time they do anything good is because the opposition players are even worse than our shower. Might as well accept we're going down with forest. Boo, sell them all, clement out.

Yes, because that's what I said.

Well I know the real reason you're annoyed by it is because if Jeff didn't produce that magical moment of sublime skill then Ireland may not have won the game, leaving Scotland with less points to catch up... ;)

I am indeed, but international football? No thanks.

My dad is English so when I was younger, I actually supported England. No more though, nationalities and borders are a young man's game.

Well I've got  some Irish blood as well from my decendants but I'm English. 

tbh mate I didn't feel like I did last season, such was the rubbish being spouted by people around me, even when we were top. Almost made me change seats after years in the same spot. I hoped seeing as they were clearly so unhappy they wouldn't be back this season, but they are.

Know the feeling. You thought you'd been invited to a party but then you get there it's a funeral. 

"Am I the only one enjoying this?"

Think a lot of them need to have a think about who they support. Get the idea out their heads that we belong in the PL or that we're under achieving. 

Archived