Jeff Hendrick & ROI

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's so brave in possession. Sounds generous but i'll explain. Always offers for the ball, wants it in tight space, always makes a positive pass. 

He's ok playing with Hughes and Thorne, but really excels when you swap Hughes for Hanson and his skill is highlighted. 

FTFM

He has got the talent, but needs to display it consistently, the Hendrick of two seasons  ago would be a big asset to our side.

He really does. The way he can run past a player or two through the middle of the pitch with the ball is striking when he does it. He can have an average or bad game and still pop up with a goal or assist. Jeff has still got a big future ahead of himself. Nowhere near the top of his game yet. I hope under our new head coach confidence in his own ability can be there consistently. Honestly it isn't that he lacks confidence in my view. It's that he forgets how good he actually is. Everyone knows he is a bit of an idiot. Needs to stop trying to think on the pitch and just get on with it. He has raw talent. Needs to just let it flow. 

Jeff is a player who seems to need a run of a few games to get himself up to speed, and then he can be on fire. He was close in the Leeds game. By the look of that assist, he'd moved up a gear again. Interesting competition for places in the midfield with the two new boys. Who will get the shirt for Preston?

Jeff needs to take more responsibility, and really give 100% in every game. Sometimes i feel like he is just going through the motions, like he doesn't care enough.  He's got plenty of talent, especially as a more attacking option.  He's going to have a hard time getting playing time now with our midfield, but hopefully that terrific assist will give him a boost in confidence.

He's a possession coward. Sounds harsh but i'll explain. Rarely offers for the ball, never wants it unless in loads of space, rarely makes a positive pass unless in loads of space. 

He's ok playing with Hughes and Thorne, but swap Hughes for Hanson and his limitations are highlighted. 

You don't know what you're saying!

You don't know what you're saying!

Archived