good old Cyrus

RiddingsRam

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of Derby fans are disgraceful!

Just reading comments on Twitter.

The lads getting congratulations from all non Derby fans but the Derby FANS are just bitter comments like it's only against the dog and duck pub team etc!

Its like they don't want him to play well!

Might be Gibralter but the he's aguarbly been the best player in a team full of prem players!

Good for his confidence, just hope he don't read his Twitter as its only Derby fans taking the p1ss!

What would make Derby fans happy? I'm struggling to think of owt

He's still our best right back in my opinion,  a lot got made of his bad form during the 2nd half of last season but whose form didn't drop ! Hope he wins his place back and knuckles down !

Mine too, in the post about our best 11 he was my choice for RB because of his attacking/overlapping abilities, i hope this season he flourishes despite the boo boys. The goal he scored for ireland was a cracker, but he did hit it with the outside of his right foot so Nigel would have dropped him for a fair few games....

Well done Cyrus, and the 4th goal was a nice move with him and Jeff as well.  As Baird is captain and therefore more "difficult" to leave out, how can Christie get much of a chance now we have 2 new boys for midfield?  Last night's  match should have given him some confidence but as has already been said, the fans were not on his back last night, no ****** hoping for an opportunity to abuse him if he makes a mistake.  He's only 22 and I really hope he gets more opportunities because he has some good skills in his locker.

I don't care if Baird is captain, don't care if he is a good defender. Baird is an old-fashioned style full back, doesn't hardly get forward. Football is evolving and changing and the attacking full back is the modern way of doing things. Going forward, Cyrus can be superb! His cross for Ireland's fourth goal last night was quality. Also, playing Cyrus would stop Ince being doubled up on by the opposing full back and winger. Cyrus overlapping can take a player with him leaving Ince to just beat one man, which he is more than capable of doing.

I don't care if Baird is captain, don't care if he is a good defender. Baird is an old-fashioned style full back, doesn't hardly get forward. Football is evolving and changing and the attacking full back is the modern way of doing things. Going forward, Cyrus can be superb! His cross for Ireland's fourth goal last night was quality. Also, playing Cyrus would stop Ince being doubled up on by the opposing full back and winger. Cyrus overlapping can take a player with him leaving Ince to just beat one man, which he is more than capable of doing.

Hendrick's cross ;)

The point of a FB is that they can defend as well as attack if needed, Christie is so questionable defending its frightening. Who can forget this pearler :lol:

But more often than not, he's a hindrance to our play. Last 3/4 of last season moves would break down when he got the ball because he'd be so indecisive releasing the ball, would refuse a pass to a player in space, try beat his man then turn back and play it to the player now marked. 

Scored a good goal last night, and had another really nice piece of play. But there were also him losing the ball on the halfway line leaving a three on two. Him getting the ball in the Gilbralta half refusing passes, turning back running back down the line and booting the ball out of play in his own half. Him falling over his own feet and the ball and rugby tackling a Gibraltar player.

Hopefully Clement doesn't just watch a Youtube video of the goal and put him back in the starting 11.

There really is no comparison between Baird and Christie at RB. For whatever reason, CC lost his mojo last season but at the start of it he was utterly brilliant. He needs inspiration (from someone or some thing) and playing him one game v Brum, where he's the one who lays off to Ince then to Russell to score, followed by completely dropping him from the squad isn't exactly going to inspire him is it? We have shown we can defend this season, but we haven't shown we can create chances and score - Christie can do that.

The point of a FB is that they can defend as well as attack if needed, Christie is so questionable defending its frightening. Who can forget this pearler :lol:

What, you mean no-one covering him when he was running forward, Thorne diving in and putting ball in their players path, and both centre halves bring out of position?

Great goal! Looks like he should be playing further up the pitch!

Unless I am mistaken he started out as winger. He turns 23 at the end of the month. I think we sometimes forget how young he is. He is capable of developing into a top RB. He was on his way to it last season. Who can honestly say what happened. He appeared to lose a bit of confidence and belief in himself. 1st 1/3 of last season he played well. 2/3 he didn't. Then the final 3/3 our whole defense just fell apart. Let's just hope it was a blip. A learning curve. 

The point of a FB is that they can defend as well as attack if needed, Christie is so questionable defending its frightening. Who can forget this pearler :lol: 

:lol: please tell me you're not suggesting he isn't at fault for that first goal! 

Whilst he gave the ball away, I do think that at the point the ball enters the area, instead of leaving it to Cyrus to turn away from goal, Keogh should've stepped forward and took control. Watch it again, and you'll see what I mean.

Archived