Rams footage just post what you like.

Curtains

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 years old in the Ossie End and the first game I really remember going to with my Dad. Usually went my Gran and Grandad in the main stand in the corner next to the Key Club. Wednesday Division 1? England stars Woods Waddle us Division 2. Atmosphere was unreal! Bitter sweet video for me as no longer speak to my Dad. Goosebumps everytime I watch this video without fail.

You've almost made me cry. I'm definitely all nostalgic and pining for the BBG days.

This is one of my all time fave game for so many reasons: 

Makes you wonder. How that happens in this country!

Yep, remember it well - stood in someone's doorway in Harrington Street on the way to the game, trying (unsuccessfully) to keep dry when it absolutely lashed down for 5 minutes.!

Yes , the rain was of biblical proportions , and i'll bet Cloughie still had the sprinklers on ..:lol:

We played some unbelievable stuff in the TBE era, encapsulated in this match where Southampton came for a point and left with a thrashing of biblical proportions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mue2vnJvA_I

Yes! And there's a nice shot of Steve Mac laughing in disbelief after Lee "Der Bomber" Carsley's amazing run to score the fourth goal.

Happy days.

True story….

Old fellow came up to me at half time. "Ayup, miduk", he said. "What's t'score?"

"Nine nil to Derby" I said.

"Bugger me. Went for a **** and missed 5 goals" he replied.

Was a reet misty night, and I lost track of how many goals Hector was scoring! (He got 5 - and 2 more at their place in the 4-1 2nd Leg win). YouTube footage is even cloudier!

If anyone wants the original DVD footage on disk, please send me a PM.

Can meet you @ iPro on matchdays to deliver; will be new, sealed, official original product. I help with heritage & community stuff - we carry the agency from the DVD producers.

Finn Harps game is part of the 'Match of the 70s' DVD, along with highlights of 11 other magical games (1969-1976) from the Clough & Mackay title-winning teams. Derby thrashing Benfica, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal...football nirvana, all of it!

Also have the 'Premier Rams' DVD, Jim Smith 1195-96 promotion season.

Grateful thanks in anticipation of mods for allowing this cherished service to fellow fans :thumbsup:

Also have the 'Premier Rams' DVD, Jim Smith 1195-96 promotion season.

Grateful thanks in anticipation of mods for allowing this cherished service to fellow fans :thumbsup:

I thought I was feeling old, and I was nearly 20 when we got promoted that season, that makes me now... er... about.. 839ish years old!

Eeek! Sorry! How old does that make me feel!? Was already mid-20s when Brian's team won it!

Wonder if Derbyshire boyz were kicking sheep's heads around in ye olde days of the 12th Century, in anticipation of  the Shrovetide footy scrums?

NB: The DVDs don't carry footage as old as that :ph34r:

We played some unbelievable stuff in the TBE era, encapsulated in this match where Southampton came for a point and left with a thrashing of biblical proportions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mue2vnJvA_I

This was my last game at the ipro until Watford at the end of 13-14 season. I moved out to Spain the same night. It wasn't a bad way to sign off was it!

My favorite Derby player is Aljosa Asanovic.  The man was a magician with the ball, such vision, skill and balance, it was awesome to behold.  He had a peculiar running style, like he was tiptoeing around the pitch.  Opposition players had to foul him for they couldn't handle him any other way.  This video concentrates mainly on his goals, but any footage of Asanovic is class footage in my book.

My favorite Derby player is Aljosa Asanovic.  The man was a magician with the ball, such vision, skill and balance, it was awesome to behold.  He had a peculiar running style, like he was tiptoeing around the pitch.  Opposition players had to foul him for they couldn't handle him any other way.  This video concentrates mainly on his goals, but any footage of Asanovic is class footage in my book.

I'd forgotten just how good Ace was!

Archived