HITC piss on Alan Nixon ; loan window rumours

PistoldPete2

You can say arrogance but I would be shocked if those who pay PCs salary didn't think or say exactly what Rampage put In bold. Millions of pounds are not being pumped in on proven championship players for PC to be given loads of time: the players coming in know it, the players there know it, and PC knows it too. results need to come and come quickly. good post by Rampage as usual.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can no longer be said that Clement has time to get the team sorted. He has £20 million worth of signings plus George Thorne and Martin as a team plus a further hat full of really good players at Derby County. If he cannot get this squad winning most of their games at a canter in a month's time then he is frankly not up to the job. There are five or six managers in this division that could get this squad promoted with little effort.

You can say arrogance but I would be shocked if those who pay PCs salary didn't think or say exactly what Rampage put In bold. Millions of pounds are not being pumped in on proven championship players for PC to be given loads of time: the players coming in know it, the players there know it, and PC knows it too. results need to come and come quickly. good post by Rampage as usual.

Mel Morris' money... Mel Morris' head coach... Mel Morris' expectations...

Whilst I would be annoyed if we were languishing in mid-table still by christmas I firmly believe Mel (and Sam?) have gone for Clement because they think he's the right man to take us on over the next 10 years or so... They've gone for a young guy who wants to prove himself, but who primarily has a great coaching background so knows his stuff on the training pitch and developing players... They've talked about creating a legacy at the club, from the youth team through to the first team and all around the club...

He will make mistakes... All new managers do... However it's about whether he learns from his mistakes that's important... and how quickly he does...

Judging on what I've seen so far I'd disagree with that bit. Whilst the onus is on PC to deliver, we've got a first 11 of very experienced pro's who have to deliver too, whether the manager is good enough or not.

Clement hasn't had the best of starts but there's some big players who haven't exactly hit the ground running...

If you're going to respond to my posts, it would help if you quoted me. 

I haven't looked for the interview but I'm pretty sure it was stated by the club when he was appointed, that Clement had the full three years to get us up. Not quite the same as Rampage's 'I want it all, and I want it now' attitude. 

Signing a large number of players for big money, and expecting a rookie manager to mould them into some kind of Championship super team within a month is not a fair chance. The club have picked Clement as their man, and they need to give him a fair shot. As much as I've been critical of Morris in the past, I'm sure he'll give him that.

to be fair to Nixon he did tweet when we did the record Ince deal that another player would be coming in soon to beat that deal. Then we get Johnson for £6m!!!!

I predict that at some point in the next week it will get dark... But don't worry... because I also predict that the sun will rise again and bring forth light...

#ITK

Fair point but you've still got to give the man chance as RLACML said. He has the players at his disposal of that there is no doubt, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

It can no longer be said that Clement has time to get the team sorted. He has £20 million worth of signings plus George Thorne and Martin as a team plus a further hat full of really good players at Derby County. If he cannot get this squad winning most of their games at a canter in a month's time then he is frankly not up to the job. There are five or six managers in this division that could get this squad promoted with little effort.What excuses remain? None. we are nine points adrift of  top spot to a team that I feel might just get promoted. Chris Hughton is an excellent manager and his new signings have gelled right away.None of the most likely contenders have beaten us yet so we will need to beat them when we get the chance.Draw against Boro was fine.We need six consecutive wins to get to two points a game. I still think that the fullbacks are the problem as they get caught out of position.

I agree with your points but against Leeds we conceded a header because neither centre half was watching the game when the corner was taken and neither made a challenge on a forward who turns like the QE 2!

If it doesn't happen I'll be out of a job... Bit difficult to be a nighttime vigilante otherwise...

Well it depends which bit you might be wrong about. You could be out of work and have to focus on your enterprise, or alternatively you might get some extra hours. Let me know if you need a sidekick.

Well it depends which bit you might be wrong about. You could be out of work and have to focus on your enterprise, or alternatively you might get some extra hours. Let me know if you need a sidekick.

Good point... I should never have committed to this "two predictions" either... Twice as much chance of being wrong now... Not that I will... Obviously... #ITK

Applications always welcome...

Fair point but you've still got to give the man chance as RLACML said. He has the players at his disposal of that there is no doubt, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

It isn't even built properly now. Went there is June. One of the central attractions, think it was called the Collosus or summat, looks like a complete ruin. Milton Keynes. Now there is a city built in a day.

It isn't even built properly now. Went there is June. One of the central attractions, think it was called the Collosus or summat, looks like a complete ruin. Milton Keynes. Now there is a city built in a day.

Yeh... And what's with the 'Spanish Steps'? Not in Spain, not painted red and yellow, no angry lobster-pink Brits loudly demanding egg n chips... I was appalled...

Archived