Is this the most a Championship club has ever spent in one window?

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While its all very exciting with all the new signings it does not promise promotion, and on that note who takes the fall if promotion is not achieved??

Paul clement?

Sam Rush?

Chris evans?

will be interesting come may if promotion is not realised. 

Hopefully though this time next year we will be talking about how we are going to stay in the premier league.

While its all very exciting with all the new signings it does not promise promotion, and on that note who takes the fall if promotion is not achieved??

Paul clement?

Sam Rush?

Chris evans?

will be interesting come may if promotion is not realised. 

Hopefully though this time next year we will be talking about how we are going to stay in the premier league.

All 3.

Looking forward to the moaners behind me slagging off Butterfield and Johnson whenever they miss chances or passes, as the expectation levels rise and rise.

The only person people should moan about if we don't get our act together by Christmas is PC and no one else. He has been given the tools, albeit over payed. But he has the tools now.

With the new Sky deal, even if we have spent the most ever, I can't see it lasting for too long. Look at the way this is already effecting spending. How many Championship sides have spent millions on individual players? Bigger sides like United spending £35million on a 19 year old striker with about 50 career games.

It's truly staggering.

One puzzle with the first team: we haven't brought in any foreign talent other than Weimann who was already plying his trade here. This, despite a scouting network transcending continents. Does this mean there's no foreign talent available or too much of a risk at this stage? Or championship British talent gives you a better chance of promotion? 

One puzzle with the first team: we haven't brought in any foreign talent other than Weimann who was already plying his trade here. This, despite a scouting network transcending continents. Does this mean there's no foreign talent available or too much of a risk at this stage? Or championship British talent gives you a better chance of promotion? 

no, it means that in January when we are still in the bottom half, we can then recruit half a dozen from mainland Europe to rescue the season.

I am terrified by the amount we've spent. It seems we've taken two huge gambles with Clement and the transfer money this season. Really, really hope it works out.

I'm not.

It's not my money.

Such is the demand and over-inflated prices for a lot of British players, it's probably less of a financial gamble, as we've got more chance of getting our money back if it doesn't work out.

Maybe the Albentosa experience has contributed as well?. Who knows.

If I had say £400m to my name and my passion was DCFC I might be tempted to "put aside" £100m to pursue my passion.

Should I lose the lot my lifestyle wouldn't be affected one iota as I would console myself with my remaining £300m.

Me too.

Now what would I spend it on, 200 million bottles of Westmalle Tripel or 200 million bottles of Gulden Draak 9000?

Decisions, decisions...

(waits for the 200 million likes from Froggg)

Mel Morris is an incredibly astute businessman and does not fail when he attempts something.. If he becomes convinced that Clement cannot do the job, then Clement is history. Mel has lots of money so Derby are not going bust. Player values are going through the roof. Norwich sold us a player that cannot get in their team for £6 million. If George Thorne and three or four others have good seasons, Mel could cash in, make  a profit and walk. He is not going to do that.Derby's squad is worth more than the outlay so everything is fine. Mel can afford it. This is not borrowed money. It is investment.. 

Archived