We need them signings now

Curtains

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our style of play is currently ghastly and a little over engineered for this division/country. 

I think we are trying to play a continental possession based "chess-type" football.

Won't work anywhere in the championship, it barely works in the PL. 

This is the point. It's the system, not the players. 

Our style of play is currently ghastly and a little over engineered for this division/country. 

I think we are trying to play a continental possession based "chess-type" football.

Won't work anywhere in the championship, it barely works in the PL. 

I agree, not sure if it's the players or the manager but it looks like we're playing with shackles on.

For spells we let them go and look impressive but then seem to go back into our shell.

Get them playing with freedom, trust them, they ARE good enough to tear this division apart.

I agree, not sure if it's the players or the manager but it looks like we're playing with shackles on.

For spells we let them go and look impressive but then seem to go back into our shell.

Get them playing with freedom, trust them, they ARE good enough to tear this division apart.

My worry with this is that, history suggests that successful managers stick to their convictions, whereas a struggling manager will scramble around looking for solutions and hopefully luck will find one.

I want Clement to have the confidence in his own skill as a manager to stick to a system, but to see 3 systems in a game, and a different system every start is not a optimistic thing for me.

My worry with this is that, history suggests that successful managers stick to their convictions, whereas a struggling manager will scramble around looking for solutions and hopefully luck will find one.

I want Clement to have the confidence in his own skill as a manager to stick to a system, but to see 3 systems in a game, and a different system every start is not a optimistic thing for me.

Fully agree, I even remember when the one before the last one seemingly lost trust in his players a little bit and reverted to survival football, I understand in a way why they do it, but I do wish they wouldn't.

If you want your team to play incisive attacking one and two touch football and that's your style, then stick with it through good or bad,

We've got to get plan a right, before we start thinking of plan b and c.

Funnily enough I think we should Just play that gung Ho stuff we did back end of last season, now Shackell is at the back and Keogh seems to have exercised his his demons, we'd probably not concede so many.

Haven't got a lot to lose right now, so why not?  And if it works, have the conviction to stick with it!

we need 3 players and I would go all out to get a playerthat is direct and quick . The recruitment since Thorne has been poor in all honesty and hasn't come off, so far. I'm also quite sure clough wanted Thorne Before mcclaren got him in, I may be wrong though on that. Either way I can't blame clement because I honestly don't think he's signed a player he actually wants yet. He's needs to make the right calls in the transfer/loan market or it could be a season of failure again. 

I haven't s clue about tactics or formations but...

Our number 9 is getting hammered by them and getting nothing from us. The gap between him and the midfield looks huge. A few times today he held it up looking for Bryson or Hughes only to realise they're not playing... Hendrick and Ince need to start taking it off him and putting Johnny through, it's just not happening.

That has been the most basic Derby goal for a few seasons.

Sort it out lads.

Amazing to think we finished 3rd in the Championship, were desperately unlucky not to get promoted to the Championship. Have spent about 20million in fees and wages improving the team, and we've actually got a worse first-team XI than that 2013/14 side.

Big round of applause for our recruitment team. Blinding performance.

hmmmmm

We called for a change of manager, we got it. We called a better standard of signing with our new managers contacts. It didn't work. In fact we are worse now than when the changes were shoute or. Maybe that change wasn't for the better.

The we I use is the we as a majority of fans (me included at times) I'm now thinking that could have been the wrong choice.

its the manager, it happened under SM and is continuing.

hmmmmm

We called for a change of manager, we got it. We called a better standard of signing with our new managers contacts. It didn't work. In fact we are worse now than when the changes were shoute or. Maybe that change wasn't for the better.

The we I use is the we as a majority of fans (me included at times) I'm now thinking that could have been the wrong choice.

Sorry Dav, are you talking about the change from Mac to Clement, or from Clough to Mac?

Sorry Dav, are you talking about the change from Mac to Clement, or from Clough to Mac?

either or. I know under Clough we appeared to be stagnating but there was some good football being played, we lost 4in 9 games and had 11 points. We had improved league position every year bar 1, and the majority of players in the starting 11 or peoples first choices are players from then. The new players haven't improved us. Today Fossy, Keogh, martin, Hendrick Russell all Clough signings or came through the ranks under Clough. Shackell was bought by Clough (then sold) and Hughes and Bryson to come in too. We had a very good nucleus of players that two managers have failed to improve (even the third place season had times like this season and last season was dire at times)

Archived