inviting unnecessary pressure on yourself?

ronnieronalde

i agree i tihnk it reveals that clement is nervous he knows hes out of his depth nad hes struggling already

we need to win NOW not in one years time when hes go tused to what it measn to be number 1

am I the only one who hopes this is some sort of parody account like the Roberts/Eustace/Baird twitter?

if it's not then f(_)ck me.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't be arsed to start a new thread. So how long will we give for Clement to start getting the wins we need to get the promotion before we gang up against him ?

how long? About 4 games ago for some fans.

Can't be arsed to start a new thread. So how long will we give for Clement to start getting the wins we need to get the promotion before we gang up against him ?

At this stage performances are more important than results. If we had put in 4 performances like the Pompey display the knives would be being sharpened by a few already! As it happens I think most can see the injury situation has not helped and just a few tweaks are required.

i agree i tihnk it reveals that clement is nervous he knows hes out of his depth nad hes struggling already

we need to win NOW not in one years time when hes go tused to what it measn to be number 1

Congratulations in going straight to the daft post tree. Very good.

Thanks G-Star.

Only one poster I'm really disappointed that I've upset and that's bcnram, cos I respect him/her a lot.

I don't see it as bitching, really I don't but I might be mising the point, if there's someone on here who's close to Paul Clement and I'm upsetting them with this questioning, then I'm sorry. Cos I know how that feels.

I've not changed my forum avatar to that of a laughing monkey, or christened him coco the clown, or called him reserve league Paul, or number2 Paul. I've not called him a ****, I've not started any Paul Clement out campaign. Bitching? 

All I've done is ask where this confidence in him is coming from. It can't be based on his track record cos he hasn't got one, it can't be based on his historical results cos he hasn't got any. It can't be based on his record in the transfer market cos he hasn't got one. it can't even be based on his ability to turn round a clubs performance, cos he's never done it.

It can be based on the fact you all think he's a great guy with a big club CV and you believe in him, that I won't argue with.

In my mind he's got two things to do before I'll be convinced and then if I am convinced, i'll be one of the fans praising him, cos my default position is to praise not to criticise.

The two things he's got to do?

1) get the performances to the same level they were at times under McClaren, and occasionally under Clough.

2) Improve on the performance and results achieved under McClaren , in other words the do the job he as brought in to do.

I'll keep this thread going, so I don't start another one and ask people to "look at me" again.

What has Paul Clement improved since he came in vs the same stage last season?

I have an apology to make, I was 12 minutes and 17 seconds late getting into Fratton Park because I met up with some old mates at Gunwharfe Quay. I also filled in a sudoku number in wrong on the train down, which made all subsequent numbers wrong.

I apologise unreservedly for any embarrassment I have caused to all DCFC supporters.

seriously though, this is all getting a little sad now, and tedious, but mainly sad.

Fortunately curb, you're not the manager of Derby it doesn't really matter.

If you were and you turned up 12 minutes and 47 seconds late then I'd be pulling you up for it.

The sudoku has nothing to do with football so I'd probably let that slide.

All I've done is ask where this confidence in him is coming from. It can't be based on his track record cos he hasn't got one, it can't be based on his historical results cos he hasn't got any. It can't be based on his record in the transfer market cos he hasn't got one. it can't even be based on his ability to turn round a clubs performance, cos he's never done it.

It can be based on the fact you all think he's a great guy with a big club CV and you believe in him, that I won't argue with.

In my mind he's got two things to do before I'll be convinced and then if I am convinced, i'll be one of the fans praising him, cos my default position is to praise not to criticise.

The two things he's got to do?

1) get the performances to the same level they were at times under McClaren, and occasionally under Clough.

2) Improve on the performance and results achieved under McClaren , in other words the do the job he as brought in to do.

I'll keep this thread going, so I don't start another one and ask people to "look at me" again.

What has Paul Clement improved since he came in vs the same stage last season?

I haven't seen that as a direct question before.

Where has my confidence in him come from? I have been impressed with all his interviews so far. He is ambitious and someone who has worked through and up the footballing ladder. He hasn't strolled into the job via his name or a playing career. Yes the Portsmouth game was poor, but everything since then has been good and shows me plenty of promise.

Our last three performances as a whole easily surpass what McClaren was getting for the last few months last season yet I feel to judge compared to this time last season is unfair, McClaren had his ideas firmly in place and a system the opposition players knew as well as our own. The fact our performances are improving tells me we are on the up and the results will follow, which with a little bit of luck we would already have had.

And greatly unlike you, I have confidence in Rush.

I haven't seen that as a direct question before.

Where has my confidence in him come from? I have been impressed with all his interviews so far. He is ambitious and someone who has worked through and up the footballing ladder. He hasn't strolled into the job via his name or a playing career. Yes the Portsmouth game was poor, but everything since then has been good and shows me plenty of promise.

Our last three performances as a whole easily surpass what McClaren was getting for the last few months last season yet I feel to judge compared to this time last season is unfair, McClaren had his ideas firmly in place and a system the opposition players knew as well as our own. The fact our performances are improving tells me we are on the up and the results will follow, which with a little bit of luck we would already have had.

And greatly unlike you, I have confidence in Rush.

I did ask it, it was the first comment I made which made the forum think I was against him.

I don't see why it's fair to compare him to the worst point of McClaren's tenure but not the best point. Surely he wasn't brought in to match the worst times, he was brought in to improve on the best. I agree performances have improved massively since the Portsmouth game but surely the Portsmouth game isn't the benchmark.

I'm comparing this stage last season with this stage this, cos I think that's the way the league table works. Scored less, conceded more (despite the improvement in defence), less clean sheets, less points and out of the cups. Stats seem to have taken on a role of massive importance on this forum. I keep reading about stats.

What about those stats? The one's that really matter. points, goals conceded and goals scored.

I won't get started on Rush, cos there I do know my (irrational) dislike of him as a person outweighs any views I could have of him as a CEO. it's not very often I dislike someone I've never met, although there are about half a dozen more and they're all posters on here ;-)

I'll only say this. the CEO of the year has spent AT LEAST 15m pounds in fees and increased the wage bill by AT LEAST 5million pounds, and yet here we are two season later needing 10 points in 5 games to match the total the manager he fired, got fired for and having fired the manager he brought in to take the club to the next level. All at great expense.

You keep that faith BJ, I'm not in a position to tell you what you should believe in. I certainly won't insult you for having those views.

no it's his first job. NC had 10 seasons in his first job.

Give him at least 10 games ffs 

I'm not "giving" him anything. he can have all the time he needs from me.

It won't be me calling for his head, I don't do things like that. Not after 10 games, not after 10 seasons either.

I'll just keep asking questions and leave the hounding to people who have those tendencies.

Love Sam Rush me. Got rid of someone before attendeces dropped below 20K. 

I think to date he has made a very good impression at Derby, and in addition injected some much needed optimism at the club.

i liked mclaren and was sad to see him go, the football he brought to the club was a pleasure to watch, and he was only one game away from taking us up, however it's very obvious that things off the field finally led to the decision that got rid of him.

Bringing in PC is a gamble, he has no managerial experience and should it go wrong then rush deserves to take some stick given the credit he was rightly given in getting rid of the poor manager we had prior to SM.  having said that, judging PC after 4 games....really ??  Even the proven managers get longer than that, pullis and koeman (excuse the spelling) are both in the bottom 3, I wonder if their fans are questioning their ability.

One thing I have learned from this thread though, is that Rush is so wealthy to be able to invest so much money into the club, I thought he was the CEO, not someone who has spent 15m, on players he has identified and brought in :-)  

I'm not "giving" him anything. he can have all the time he needs from me.

It won't be me calling for his head, I don't do things like that. Not after 10 games, not after 10 seasons either.

I'll just keep asking questions and leave the hounding to people who have those tendencies.

You remember Nigel's pathetic outburst against Cywka? Wasn't that a bit out of the book and Nigel certainly didn't have the success to back it up.

Why is the pressure "unnecessary"?

surely if he didn't want unnecessary pressure he wouldn't have taken the derby job as we all know how patient and well mannered our fans are. I mean, just ask keogh........

Archived