West Ham / Stoke / WBA / Blackburn / Fulham

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remaining fixtures 18.04.2016

14:00  Swansea U21     v  Fulham U21   Landor Training Centre  

19:00  Arsenal U21      v   West Brom U21   Meadow Park  

19:00  Blackburn U21  v  Aston Villa U21   Leigh Sports Village  

Blackburn 33 pts (GD -4) / WBA 30 points (GD +3) can make the playoffs.

For WBA to make Play Offs they have to beat Arsenal and hope that Blackburn lose to Aston Villa

Play Off Semis:- One leg only

Derby / Arsenal v WBA / Blackburn (Tie 1)

Aston Villa v Swansea (Tie 2)

Play Off Final:- One leg only

Winner Tie 1 v Winner Tie 2 at the Venue of the team that finished highest in the league

13 hours ago, Rampage said:

Remaining fixtures 18.04.2016

14:00  Swansea U21     v  Fulham U21   Landor Training Centre  

19:00  Arsenal U21      v   West Brom U21   Meadow Park  

19:00  Blackburn U21  v  Aston Villa U21   Leigh Sports Village  

Blackburn 33 pts (GD -4) / WBA 30 points (GD +3) can make the playoffs.

For WBA to make Play Offs they have to beat Arsenal and hope that Blackburn lose to Aston Villa

Play Off Semis:- One leg only

Derby / Arsenal v WBA / Blackburn (Tie 1)

Aston Villa v Swansea (Tie 2)

Play Off Final:- One leg only

Winner Tie 1 v Winner Tie 2 at the Venue of the team that finished highest in the league

The league table you posted up says both WBA and Blackburn are on the same points, 31?

2 hours ago, rynny said:

The league table you posted up says both WBA and Blackburn are on the same points, 31?

Blackburn are on 33, WBA on 30

League table he posted was wrong about that :p 

21 hours ago, Burtonrammy said:

This season I have been to all the u21 matches that have been played at St George's Park and all but 1 to the ones at the Ipro and despite the result on Tuesday, they really excite me! We have a serious amount of talent right through the team. Various goalkeepers that have come in and done a great job between the sticks, Johnathan Michell in particular, an excellent shot stopper. Farrend rawson for me is a future captain, very consistent, very demanding and very very rarely loses an aerial battle. Koblenz had an abysmal game on Monday, however has been solid throughout the season no matter where he has played (CB and CDM). for me Callum Guy is one of the most underrated players in the team, been in the academy from a very young age and a great prospect. Played alongside hughes and Hanson at times this season and not been fazed at all. Scored every penalty this season, an exceptional eye for a pass and loves a crunching challenge, never seen him back out a challenge yet. Captain against arsenal in a team with Bucko and Hughesy which speaks volumes. My criticism of guy would be argues with the ref alot which can be a distraction to him. Probably the best player in the u21s along with Guy has to be Ivan Calero, already seen him in the first team last season and on loan at burton (where he kind of flopped). However he has been a star player in this side this season. Extremely good feet who loves to get past players and have an eye for goal. Works very good with the man up top and racks up alot of assists. Just needs to bulk up abit so doesn't get pushed off the ball as much. Then there's the other star man, of course Zanzala. This guy is a nuisance to play against, very good in the air, doesn't give defenders a moment peace, great pace and trickery too. So unfortunate against arsenal, think they were glad to see the back of him! Only criticism is can be inconsistent, when he has a bad game, boy does he have a bad game! However a great player in the making if he continues the way he is.

Have other prospects too such as Vernam, Stabana, Roos, Elsnik etc but I'll not bore you any longer :)

I'm glad someone else has noticed how good Guy is! Every time ive seen him play i felt that he could really push Hughes/Hendrick/Bryson and thats no mean task! A true midfield general, he would be getting games for me next season regardless of opposition.

One issue with the Under 21s is that they usually release players who I thought were good. Our RB last season Hendrie kept Grealish in his back pocket and Rhys Sharpe looked steady at LB for me.

But back to the future stars, Hanson, Rawson, Lowe, Guy and Zanzala are the future of this club.

Mitchell

Christie                Rawson               Hanson             Lowe

Thorne

Guy                   Hughes

Ince                                                                         Calero

Zanzala

Now that could be a great team imo, would love us to try something like this out in pre season or in the cups

WBA have won only one of their last 9 fixtures, but a draw against Arsenal would win us the U21 Division 2 Championship. Here's hoping. Swansea and Aston Villa will be hard to beat if we play one of them in the Play OIffs, but we would be at home, hopefully at the iPro in front of  a big crowd..We will know tomorrow night at about 9pm.

47 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

.@Arsenal Under-21s’ starting XI: Macey, Johnson, Pleguezuelo, Bielik, Moore, McGuane, Wilshere, Reine-Adelaide, Sheaf, Gnabry, Crowley

That's a stronger team than played us. Coyb

Archived