Under 21s & Academy 15/16

cheron85

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Wilshere was due to recovering from a long term injury, he's played 3 games, and we've done that. Buxton (who has kept playing since getting fit due to not being able to get into the team), Bryson, Hughes etc.

Arsenal play very few senior players too, it's still an impressive feat though I agree. I think it says a lot that the two teams that (probably) used the fewest senior players finished first and second.

Hughes is still under-21, amazingly.

7 hours ago, admira said:

For our older readers, that nail-biting finish reminded me of the season we won our first title. The Rams had finished their games and were anxiously waiting the results of other games whilst sunning themselves in Spain. They went our way and we were Champions. 

Just goes to show, you can't beat points in the bag. 

Gotta feel a little sorry for the WBA boys just missing out on the play offs having giving it their all. 

Totally agree. I've been saying it for the last month (and hoping it would be true!)

And that's why I think Leicester will pip Spurs. Sadly.

Just now, Phoenix said:

Hughes is still under-21, amazingly.

Yeah(well he's 21), he doesn't count against the age restrictions but it's easier to consider him a senior player in these sorts of terms.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah(well he's 21), he doesn't count against the age restrictions but it's easier to consider him a senior player in these sorts of terms.

Ok. He's 21 and 2 days. He was still under 21 when he played for the under-21's.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Ok. He's 21 and 2 days. He was still under 21 when he played for the under-21's.

Yes he was.

15 hours ago, cosmic said:

Here you go @Rampage

Just something I've noticed from this photo; Callum Guy's the only player on that photo dressed in a smart manner. The first team also arrive at the match in smart gear.

I'd guess that he was in and around the first team squad on Saturday and wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench Monday.

Just now, Burtonrammy said:

I noticed that too. I think we will see this alot over the last few games now play offs are secured. Timi Elsnik was on the bench for the Bristol City game

I was quite surprised no one was on the bench on Saturday given they were for Bristol.

10 hours ago, Burtonrammy said:

Who would be your man for under 21 of the year? Mine would be between Calero and Guy, probably go with Guy on this one!

At the end of season awards Guy indeed won U21 Player of the Year, Elsnick got Scholar of the Year and Bird won Academy Player of the Year. Great also that the U21 team won the "President's Award". Big congratulations to them all.

Archived