Birmingham City v Derby County

Mafiabob

if it was stonewall why didn't he give it? Also with your last point... How many times do the ref see it? 

Chrissy is welcome anytime. I would tell him what I thought. As we have done! Agreed to disagree

While we have to agree to disagree, you've changed your tune to "the ref only gets to see it once". If he doesn't get these big decisions right as they happen it just indicates it was a poor refereeing performance. All that from someone demoted to do this match for not giving out enough yellows in his last Premier League, so he took it out on Martin.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To play 2 in 4 days with four midfielders injured who otherwise would have started, against a side who have had a week without a game, and still dominate the game, really is a great compliment to us.

We worked hard and dominated play. I think we have a lot to be positive about and a lot to look forward to.

Gutted for the boys. Worked their socks off and deserved more than a point tonight. If we'd not had crap luck this season, we'd have had none at all. And yes, if you stand on a player's foot its a foul and in this case, a pen. Whether Chrissy Martin was looking for it is irrelevant. Hopefully we get some cover in midfield next week and push on from their. 

While we have to agree to disagree, you've changed your tune to "the ref only gets to see it once". If he doesn't get these big decisions right as they happen it just indicates it was a poor refereeing performance. All that from someone demoted to do this match for not giving out enough yellows in his last Premier League, so he took it out on Martin.

not changed tune at all... The last point you made was a more general observation... Maybe if mahouts have been a little clearer.

As for taking it out on Martin.... The official wouldn't be near a professional football pitch if that were the case... I can guarantee you of that

not changed tune at all... The last point you made was a more general observation... Maybe if mahouts have been a little clearer.

As for taking it out on Martin.... The official wouldn't be near a professional football pitch if that were the case... I can guarantee you of that

The last point I made was of course flippant. However, while you like to defend refs (and it's right someone does), I would say you're wrong in the general point. There are always bad apples. I've no doubt the ref of Burnley v Derby 2 seasons back stepped onto that pitch on a mission to send Martin off, come hell or high water. He simply could not wait to dish out two clearly incorrect yellow cards as early into the game as possible. He was a disgrace to his profession.

He had his foot stepped on stopping his momentum .... Yes maybe looking for it but nevertheless he still had his foot stepped on I've seen countless penalties given for that and less 

It doesn't make it a foul.

How many times has having your foot stepped on led to you falling to ground in the worst ham-actor style?

I thought Martin dived, which in fairness he did, after having his foot trod on he hurls himself into the defender.

It was a penalty,  but to suggest it was clear cut stretches the truth. 

Although I was watching on a tiny iPhone screen while surrounded by Forest fans, so what do I know?

He should be playing fullback.

no he shouldn't, Christie looks back to his old self. Much better option when he's on his game. 

I understand needs must with our midfield situation. But even then, he can't play every game. Why Dawkins didn't come on for him second half God only knows. He was offering us nothing. 

no he shouldn't, Christie looks back to his old self. Much better option when he's on his game. 

I understand needs must with our midfield situation. But even then, he can't play every game. Why Dawkins didn't come on for him second half God only knows. He was offering us nothing. 

totally agree , Christie brings much more to the fold ! Probably a slightly naive decision from pc to make Baird captain 

Great game for the neutral tonight....for a supporter of either team our opponents had too many opportunities and we both feel we could have won it.

Carson 7/10 Commands his box and excellent kicking game but flat footed for the goal

Christie 7/10 Much improved performance, used his pace well to supplement the attack and make amends for any bad positional play

Forsyth 8/10 Best game for a long time.Supported the attack but also defended solidly

Keogh 8/10 The freedom to concentrate on his own game is helping him.Not the greatest footballer but commitment to defending is fantastic

Shackell 7/10 The organiser,usual solid game although thought defence a bit deep at times

Thorne 6/10 Still had a hand in a lot of good things in the game including making amends for a sloppy pass before our goal with a superb tackle,but his poorest performance to date,mainly as he was absolutely knackered after 70 minutes.

Baird 5/10 He's a defender,end of conversation. Not comfortable enough on the ball as a midfielder, hence he comes far too deep to receive it,leaving a hole in the middle. Be disappointed in himself I hope for turning his back on the goal causing the costly reflection.Back to right back asap

Russell 6/10 Great touch and finish for the goal but otherwise a quiet game

Ince 8/10 Keep this lad fit all season and we'll be OK.As the bit of class required,plus signs tonight his defensive game improving.Tracked back well at times

Bent 7/10 Will feel he should have scored at least once,but thought he worked really hard and there were signs his partnership with Martin could be a good one.Helps to stretch the game and give midfield more space.Very unlucky to be substituted I thought

Martin 6/10 Held ball up well at times but never looked like scoring

Subs

Weimman 6/10 Was busy when he came on and almost scored a fortunate goal

Shotton 5/10 Solid enough at back

The last point I made was of course flippant. Howevery you like to defend refs (and it's right someone does), I would say you're wrong in the general point. There are always bad apples. I've no doubt the ref of Burnley v Derby 2 seasons back stepped onto that pitch on a mission to send Martin off, come hell or high water. He simply could not wait to dish out two clearly incorrect yellow cards as early into the game as possible. He was a disgrace to his profession.

and his reward for being totally inept ............promotion to the Premier League list!

Archived