Sammon loan watch

Day

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd imagine confidence plays a massive part in his game. Obviously with NC being there for season and a half I've spent a bit of time watching Sheffield United and made one or two friends and one or two enemies within their fan base. so overall I know their squad inside and out and know how they're performing,

Conor needed to get off to a good start otherwise their boo boys (who are just a fraction louder than Derby boo boys) wouldn't have let him settle. They labelled him a Clough boy before he got there, and they don't like Nigel at all, despite 3 semi finals in a season and half. they like him even less than some on here in fact.

He needed that kind of start at Derby but it just never came and then it got to the stage where it would have been impossible for him to turn things around.

I'm genuinely delighted for him, he played really well against Chesterfield on Saturday and had a goal wrongly disallowed as well as setting up the two Adams goals. It'll really do him the world of good to be playing in front of fans who like him, to get two tonight could be huge for him and kick start his career, they've got a really good squad at that level and it would take a major disaster for them not be involved in a promotion battle. I can see him comfortably getting 15-20 this season and it'be great for him to remember what it's like to notch regularly.

I think Conor's level is the Championship and I hope to see him back in that division next season, either with or without his Sheffield United team mates.

He's looking a decent player, can argue it's against lower opposition but his touch is much better. Can't believe he was booked for that celebration after his second tho

Was about to say this! How much can the quality of opposition affect somebody's touch because his touch looks very good on both of those highlight videos. Looks like the player we saw in his first game v Watford for us. 

Archived