Derby County v Middlesbrough

Mafiabob

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay guys I know there was the option to pivk Brysonand Hughes, I just put the whole squad in to make it easier to produce without worring about injuries. I hoped people would know about the injuries.

I have checked there is a mix of memebrs picking one or the other. Surprisingly there are some that picked both injured players and these are aparrently not by members, (or are by a member using a proxy). I do hope someone isn't trying to be clever.

Okay guys I know there was the option to pivk Brysonand Hughes, I just put the whole squad in to make it easier to produce without worring about injuries. I hoped people would know about the injuries.

I have checked there is a mix of memebrs picking one or the other. Surprisingly there are some that picked both injured players and these are aparrently not by members, (or are by a member using a proxy). I do hope someone isn't trying to be clever.

Trust me it's not me:D You can check my ip if you don't believe me. As you can see I picked this team

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Fozzy

Thorne Hanson?(I think, I picked the team a few hours ago ha)

Ince      Dawkins         Weimann

Martin

We have the players and the squad to beat any team in this league.Defensive issues should be some thing of the past now and we should concern ourselves playing offensive passing football utilising Ince wienmann and Martin to create chances ,something that has been distinctly lacking in our first three games.

We should be scaring the opposition with our pace and ability to play up tempo attractive offensive football,sitting back keeping posession doesn't win games and teams like Charlton must have thought they were playing a preseason friendly in the first half.Who ever we play teams will create chances against us and on occasions score,that's football,but Imo putting teams on the back foot pushing forward and allowing our own defence which should be a solid unit with the likes of Baird ,SHacks ,Keogh and Carson to deal with most threats.

If we sit back against Borough they will punish us ,as they did Bolton.

Perhaps PC has been nieve  in his tactics or just over cautious ,not wanting to lose ,However two points in two games and an away loss to Pompey in what can considered mediocre or at best mixed performances doesn't constitute anything better than we saw in the latter part of last season.

Lets hope for a great performance  first and foremost as only then will results appear,

I wouldn't drop Russell other then Saturday he has easily been our best player last few months (even though its only pre-season)

I like the idea of playing two up top! We have goals in the side and the 4-3-3/4-5-1 whatever you class it as, has not got us promoted.

Therefore diamond 4-4-2 (not narrow like he has used at bolton)

-------------------Carson-------------------

Baird-----------keogh---------shackell--------forsyth

--------------------------thorne------------------

Russell-----------------------------------------------Ince

-----------------------------Wiemann-----------------

------------------Bent--------------------Martin----------

Goals goals goals!! 

this would be a cracking line up certainly for the 1st 45 mins if we were to have A real go at them and see what cracks first,

Carson, Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth, Thorne, Hanson, Hendrick, Weimann, Ince, Martin.

Subs:-  Grant, Christie, Pearce, Dawkins, Bennett, Russell, Bent, 

I would put Bennett on the bench. Clement wont. But I would. Hes quick, hes direct, he scares defenders. Not saying hes the answer at all. But he is the last thing a full back wants to see when he is on his arse with 15 mins to go.

The midfield picks itself for this one. I thought Russell was off it on Saturday so I would give Weimann a go.

Midfield picks itself. I wouldnt start Hendrick because he offers nothing. Id play Dawkins. But I dont think Clement likes the look of him to be honest.

Good early test for us. 

Injured after 75 mins today, so not happening. He missed two sitters.

With Hansons great game vs charlton its suggests to me 2 options, specially with hendrick having a not so great start to the season.

4-3-3 

Carson

Baird - Keogh - Shackell - Fozzy

Hanson - Thorne - Dawkins

Ince - Martin - Weimann

OR 

Carson

Baird - Keogh - Shackell - Fozzy

Thorne - Hanson

Russell - Ince - Weimann

Martin

Russell has been utterly average in the league for the past 6 months or so now, can't see that change any time soon so I'd give Weimann a go. Other than that id keep the same team for sure, Martin and Thorne looked in superb shape. 

Just to add some pre match optimism :pinch:....

Derby have lost their past three games against Middlesbrough without scoring.

Middlesbrough have lost only three of their past 18 games against the Rams, winning 12.

Darren Bent scored five goals in his first five league appearances against Middlesbrough but has failed to net in his past three.

Archived