Derby County v Middlesbrough

Mafiabob

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he got more than 20 at Pompey and did took all. He dud nothing yesterday except get hit by a cross which then spun wide.

whereas Russell has done less with more time in both games. 

What is the obsession with Russell?! 

on our last three outings can't see us getting any result against borough unless we play high tempo as second half against charlton.Hope PC lets the lads go offensive from the first min and has faith. That the defence with Baird ,keogh shacks and Carson are capable of dealing with borough on the break

whereas Russell has done less with more time in both games. 

What is the obsession with Russell?! 

really? Ratings wise Russell is average higher than Weimann over the two games. I merey asked why change them, and then pointed out why Weimann isn't much cop or necessarily better than Russell.

no obsession just replying to someone's post.

Really want to win this one, got fed up towards the end of last season seeing boro fans say they made us look mediocre in the home game back in March. They scored from our defensive error and pretty much did nothing all game and we were lost without our key players. With Thorne and Martin back in for this one and the signings of Carson, Baird and Shackell, I am sure this time we will give them a much better battle. 

Looking forward to Thorne controlling the midfield along with Hanson getting stuck in. For me we should keep the same 11 as they performed very well on saturday and I feel some of the players will only get stronger.

The only player with a question mark over his head is Hendrick for me.  He grew into the game in the second half against Charlton, but he still does not impose himself on games enough. He has all the attributes to be a top midfielder but if I was him I'd be worried because if Hanson keeps developing, once hughes is back whenever that is he wouldn't have a place for me. Plenty of time for him to pick up because we all know when he is on top of his game he is one of the best midfielders in the division.

I like the idea of giving dawkins a go in his place at some point. With Thorne holding and hansons commitment we can afford to play someone like Dawkins who won't necessarily give us much solidity but I really think he could help link up the play down the middle.  

I'm picking my side and formation based on the ratings over 2 games.

Carson

Baird                   Keogh                  Shackell             Forsyth

Thorne

Hendrick                         Hanson

Ince                                                                     Russell

Martin

I've used my eyes and for all it's limitations brain to swap Hendrick and Hanson over. It would make sense to me have Hanson who plays deeper than Hendrick to play on the same side as Forsyth.

Good thinking!

I expect more of a open game on Tuesday, I think they will come for the win.

And Hopefully, if they do, With our attacking options, We can match them, If not,out match them in that department.

I just want to see us play with a bit of bite.. Dont give there players an inch and show that they want this.

I personally think we could do with Dawkins in one of the more advanced midfield positions of a 433. Ball retention will be key against Borough.

I think Weimann will suit a game like this a lot more. But you could argue Russell gives us abit extra in terms of work rate and back tracking. 

Let's just see. Either way, COYR!

I wouldn't drop Russell other then Saturday he has easily been our best player last few months (even though its only pre-season)

I like the idea of playing two up top! We have goals in the side and the 4-3-3/4-5-1 whatever you class it as, has not got us promoted.

Therefore diamond 4-4-2 (not narrow like he has used at bolton)

-------------------Carson-------------------

Baird-----------keogh---------shackell--------forsyth

--------------------------thorne------------------

Russell-----------------------------------------------Ince

-----------------------------Wiemann-----------------

------------------Bent--------------------Martin----------

Goals goals goals!! 

I wouldn't drop Russell other then Saturday he has easily been our best player last few months (even though its only pre-season)

I like the idea of playing two up top! We have goals in the side and the 4-3-3/4-5-1 whatever you class it as, has not got us promoted.

Goals goals goals!! 

unfortunately I only have 10 questions per survey so cant do a formation option.

Goals goals goals!! 

Yes! A wide diamond. That could work. Leave a big massive hole in the middle of the pitch with no white shirts in it to bamboozle the opposition. Completely doing away with the idea of having a midfield could be Clements way of making his mark on the game.

Glad to see most have jumped on the 4-3-3 bandwagon. 

We will play well 80% of the time using this formation. Of course there will be teams that nullify us, then again there are teams that nullify even the best in the world so no point calling for drastic changes when we don't win a game.

Boro played us at a really good time at the iPro last season. We're a much fresher team heading into Tuesday than what we were last March or whenever we played them.

I reckon they will win the league, but I think that's more owing to their home form which is pretty formidable. I can see them winning at around 17 of their 23 home games this season.

But away from home they're more likely to be less inclined to attack, more defensive. First goal will be big, if we get it there is no reason we can't win comfortably. If they get it, we'll probably struggle to break them down.

Yes! A wide diamond. That could work. Leave a big massive hole in the middle of the pitch with no white shirts in it to bamboozle the opposition. Completely doing away with the idea of having a midfield could be Clements way of making his mark on the game.

Why couldn't it work? The AM could always tuck in when we don't have possession near enough making it a flat 4-4-2. We then have pace out wide so we don't get murdered on the wings like we had been in the first 2 games. If you have no confidence in Wiemann doing this then put hendrick in that position.

Lets be honest with a flat 4-4-2 you always find one of the centre midfielders attacks where another stays deep anyway.

Instead of being a sarcastic **** why don't you actually put forward a suggestion of a potential winning formula?  Afterall this 4-3-3 that everyone is bumming off hasn't got us promoted in the last 2 seasons.

Why couldn't it work? The AM could always tuck in when we don't have possession near enough making it a flat 4-4-2. We then have pace out wide so we don't get murdered on the wings like we had been in the first 2 games. If you have no confidence in Wiemann doing this then put hendrick in that position.

Lets be honest with a flat 4-4-2 you always find one of the centre midfielders attacks where another stays deep anyway.

Instead of being a sarcastic **** why don't you actually put forward a suggestion of a potential winning formula?  Afterall this 4-3-3 that everyone is bumming off hasn't got us promoted in the last 2 seasons.

So it's not a diamond it's a 4-4-2. But it's a 4-4-2 with Weimann in midfield. Great!

Its probably been 5 or 6 times over the past couple of months now I've explained the problem to people on here who've put wingers in diamonds and then not seen why that's a problem and I'm not sure I can be bothered to do it again really. A simple google search of the formation will give some details as to how it works. More width you say? Diamonds aren't wide, that's why they're diamonds. Lots of people seem to want their cake and eat it with diamonds - but like all formations it has drawbacks.

You're a bit touchy for someone who calls people a whatever it is you just called me. If you don't want people being sarcastic to you then don't say silly things?

Archived