FC Utrecht v Derby County

Alph

Started off poorly, but grew into the game. Christie has played very well, but strikers seem very isolated and Ince hasn't seen much time on the ball. 

I thought it was Thorne, but it's hard to tell on the crappy stream.

Edit - quoted the wrong post, this is about the shot before the goal.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see a good corner too. I'm hoping we can make more of set pieces this season 

Shotton's a really good threat from set pieces, if general set piece quality improves, and if he improves the priority aspects of his game we could see more of him.

We have to remember we are away at what is the equivalent of a lower mid prem team. We also have our superstar CB to get in the team yet. Can't wait to see Bucko again. 

People do seem to think Utrecht are nobodies, especially on twitter. As you say, they're prem quality.

how are the tactics working? i've heard they are a bit over complicated but we cant be doing that bad if it's 1-1. Utrecht are a decent side 

Very slow start but dominated possession from the 20th minute or so. Full backs struggling to get forward, and when they are forward, struggling to do anything. Bent looking alienated. But generally OK.

seems to be a theme of this pre season so far 

In fairness, Bent always looks alienated. But if you have Bent in the team we need to get balls into the box, that's where he makes his money. He doesn't like taking players on or holding the ball up so I don't see the point in playing him if we're not putting crosses in. 

Neither Forsyth or Christie are crossing enough, and both Russell and Ince prefer to come inside if they get a ball on the wing.

So I wouldn't say it's Bent's fault. That is Bent's game and we are not playing it at all.

Archived