Gaming

SaintRam

I've not seen any spoilers, it's arriving tomorrow but I won't be playing it until Sunday.

There's such a backlog of games from the last couple of years I've not bought yet, God of War, Spiderman, Days Gone (completely passed me by that one, so couldn't answer some posts about it earlier!) , some star wars Jedi game, The Outer Worlds, Resident Evil 2&3 remakes. Still haven't played the most recent Far Cry or Assassin's Ceeed (I'll probably just skip them and pick the next one's up), Doom Eternal might be another one worth a go too for a change of pace.

I own but haven't completed Hitman, nevermind Hitman 2.

I swear I used to be able to find the time and enthusiasm to have played and completed all of those, so why does it all feel so daunting now? I blame RDR2 for completely draining me of the desire to play a hyped up new game for so long.

Edited by Coconut

• 1 month later...

Anyone playing Civilization 6?

I find it frustrating. If the the difficulty is king, I find the game too easy. If I'll go with emperor, it's simply too hard. 

Anyone else having same issue?

Edited by Dimmu

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else buy the Tony Hawk's 1+2 remake/remaster? Vicarious Visions have done a great job.

It's the levels from the first 2 games (obviously) rebuilt from the ground up, albeit with some basic but essential features added from later games.

Great nostalgia trip, plays exceptionally well...

...but I'm just as crap at it now as I was 20 years ago!

Edited by Coconut

On 10/08/2020 at 10:34, Dimmu said:

Anyone playing Civilization 6?

I find it frustrating. If the the difficulty is king, I find the game too easy. If I'll go with emperor, it's simply too hard. 

Anyone else having same issue?

I downloaded it for free when they were offering the deal. When I realised I’d have to watch about 20 hours of YouTube tutorials to have any idea what was happening, I knew it wasn’t for me.

8 hours ago, Coconut said:

Anyone else buy the Tony Hawk's 1+2 remake/remaster? Vicarious Visions have done a great job.

It's the levels from the first 2 games (obviously) rebuilt from the ground up, albeit with some basic but essential features added from later games.

Great nostalgia trip, plays exceptionally well...

...but I'm just as crap at it now as I was 20 years ago!

Absolutely fantastic game. It’s spot on, with glorious graphics and no micro transactions. 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Absolutely fantastic game. It’s spot on, with glorious graphics and no micro transactions. 

I think I'm getting the hang of it, and enjoying it more. The biggest lesson to learn is remembering to use the revert feature followed by the manual - it isn't really explained that you have to manual after a revert to carry on the combo, but it's the secret to the big scores I'm getting now.

The only disappointing things seem to be limited create a skater options, occasionally slow and unclear menus but biggest of all - no replay feature? I'm sure the old ones let you rewatch your run? If I'm pulling off a trick combo for 70,000 I want to see the damn thing again, and with a camera mode so I can watch it in all its glory.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

I think I'm getting the hang of it, and enjoying it more. The biggest lesson to learn is remembering to use the revert feature followed by the manual - it isn't really explained that you have to manual after a revert to carry on the combo, but it's the secret to the big scores I'm getting now.

The only disappointing things seem to be limited create a skater options, occasionally slow and unclear menus but biggest of all - no replay feature? I'm sure the old ones let you rewatch your run? If I'm pulling off a trick combo for 70,000 I want to see the damn thing again, and with a camera mode so I can watch it in all its glory.

I know they’re planning a bit patch next month, including things like private multiplayer with friends, not sure if things like camera mode are coming too. 

Create a Skater options aren’t terrible but could be better. Can’t even change height and things like that. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

FYI the PS5 is available to pre-order today from 9am on Amazon - gonna have to be quick, they will sell out instantly imo.

According to yesterdays reveal the blu-ray version is £450 and the digital version is a very reasonable £360.

Full version sold out in about 20 mins. Then about 10 mins after that the Digital Version went live which sold out in minutes.

Luckily managed to hold off on the full version to try bag a digital version and managed it! Buzzing. 

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Full version sold out in about 20 mins. Then about 10 mins after that the Digital Version went live which sold out in minutes.

Luckily managed to hold off on the full version to try bag a digital version and managed it! Buzzing. 

Gratz ?

Got the blu-ray version myself, my existing PS4 is my current movie player and that will be sold off in the near future.

Gamepads are now for sale @ £60

10 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Gratz ?

Got the blu-ray version myself, my existing PS4 is my current movie player and that will be sold off in the near future.

Gamepads are now for sale @ £60

Does it not come with one? Usually have the 1 with it and would need to buy any extras?

Edited by Srg

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Yeah it comes with one, I always get a second for any multiplayer games.

Headphones available now for £90.

Ah, don't do much sofa co-op so that's not high on priorities.

Will likely get a headset but won't get theirs. Maybe Turtle Beach or something like that.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Ah, don't do much sofa co-op so that's not high on priorities.

Will likely get a headset but won't get theirs. Maybe Turtle Beach or something like that.

Both kids and my wife play games, a second gamepad is essential in our house!

Yeah, not bothering with the headset myself (nor the remote thats just appeared on Amazon for £25).  I have a nice Razer haptic set I use for my PC that will hopefully work just fine ?

I had no idea it was about to drop, so missed out. There's still a pre-order option to come from Currys & Argos I believe?

I'm not sure if I'm going to go ahead with trying to get one or not, I'd be having to buy a new TV to make it worthwhile anyway so that's an few hundred quid to add to the cost, and I've not really been much more than a casual gamer for the past few years.

Edited by Coconut