Gaming

SaintRam

On 18 March 2017 at 08:37, Bridgford Ram said:

That was 8 months but I do have t compete for the PS4 with my boy, I didn't play that often.  I do try and do everything and never fast travelled.

I think Witcher 3 is better than Fallout 4 in a lot of ways (both were my first exposure to either series) but then Fallout is better in other ways (Crafting / Story / Theme).  Witcher 3 is massive but my biggest criticisms are - too much reading, not enough is made of the crafting / alchemy and the map markers hardly change when you visit / resolve them meaning it is difficult to know where you have and haven't been.

Both in my top 10 games ever.

That settles it I will get Witcher at some point!

Again like you I had never played fallout before no.4 and never played witcher. Thanks for the description :)

15 hours ago, Alpha said:

Anyone playing Ghost Recon Wildlands? 

Worth getting?

Went to midnight release for it. I have put about 20 hours into it so far. Missions can be repetitive at times as far as your objectives go, but can be completed in several different ways and it is fun to figure out which way you want to use to best complete them. Shooting is pretty good and some nice gun options, great visuals also.

Main cons I have is AI not that great at times and can be pretty hard sometimes to control the vehicles.

Overall, I am enjoying it.

8 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Went to midnight release for it. I have put about 20 hours into it so far. Missions can be repetitive at times as far as your objectives go, but can be completed in several different ways and it is fun to figure out which way you want to use to best complete them. Shooting is pretty good and some nice gun options, great visuals also.

Main cons I have is AI not that great at times and can be pretty hard sometimes to control the vehicles.

Overall, I am enjoying it.

Will probably pick it up. Just heard mixed reviews.  

Cheers AR.

What about Horizon Zero Dawn?

Have started playing Football Manager again, the 2012 one.  i don't like the layout on the newer ones, although i haven't tried the latest version, so don't know about that.  i stopped playing it because i couldn't stand having to use my reading glasses all the time, but silly me, the display is adjustable so now it's fine.  This really is a tremendous game, the best of the lot IMO and i've been playing them since early Championship Manager days.  i like to start with a lower league club, like Crewe or Telford, two clubs with good facilities.  Derby are next to impossible to start with, no money and half the playing squad with long term injuries, but after i've had my fill of Crewe i will give it another go.

A common mistake many players make is to click on continue from day one too soon, to be done correctly you need a couple of days of work at least before doing that, on account of the player search engine only finding some of the players available and if you don't find the best ones on the first day, some other club will have bid for them.  This means going through most of the leagues in Europe, checking out each and every player you can afford or will soon run out of contract.  It's tedious and frustrating but worth it.

Am curious, what name do you use as manager and what nationalities do you choose?  i seem to have the best luck with Kurt Schöneberg, he is a master tactician that German - Norwegian fellow.

• 4 weeks later...

Not a gamer myself but just seen this thread. As head of North Sweden's latest Innovation Hub I get to work with a lot of gaming companies and affiliates from graphics and 3/4D... 

www.arcticgamelab.com

www.goodbyekansas.se

www.northkingdom.com

We also host and run a series of Hackathons throughout the year including partnerships with the likes of Techfugees. 

Next month is our yearly Games Fair... Growing at an incredible rate now that Norweigan Air fly to the regions airports. 

www.nordsken.se

10 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

@Alpha finally got Horizon Zero Dawn this morning and have put a little over 5 hours into it so far.

Awesome so far with fantastic graphics, weapons, combat, etc.

Must buy imo pal if you haven't already.

I've not yet. I'm pretty hooked on Wildlands tbh.

Then I'm going for Hitman. But I will get there eventually.

Think everyone is looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2

I've been playing Pro Evolution 2017. I like it more than Fifa. The ball feels less scripted

21 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Is that an open world game TR?  Not played (or know anything about) either of them.

Not open world but a great fps. The battles are well thought out with good enemy ai. Stealth can pay dividends and secrets to find. Superb graphics and great back story.

I also enjoyed the 2009 Wolfenstein. I am usually a few years behind on games but means they are cheaper to buy when I get around to playing them.

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

Not open world but a great fps. The battles are well thought out with good enemy ai. Stealth can pay dividends and secrets to find. Superb graphics and great back story.

I also enjoyed the 2009 Wolfenstein. I am usually a few years behind on games but means they are cheaper to buy when I get around to playing them.

Me too, other than a couple of my real favourites that I'll buy ASAP.  I also spend that long finishing a game I don't get through them that quickly!

Hi guys. Anyone recommend a good fifa game? Sometimes the most recent ones are not the best or (obviously) the cheapest. I want a version with continuing seasons and promotion/relegation. The last one I have played was fifa 2000!

On 16/04/2017 at 09:59, StockholmRam said:

Not a gamer myself but just seen this thread. As head of North Sweden's latest Innovation Hub I get to work with a lot of gaming companies and affiliates from graphics and 3/4D... 

www.arcticgamelab.com

www.goodbyekansas.se

www.northkingdom.com

We also host and run a series of Hackathons throughout the year including partnerships with the likes of Techfugees. 

Next month is our yearly Games Fair... Growing at an incredible rate now that Norweigan Air fly to the regions airports. 

www.nordsken.se

Sounds exciting. I'm not sure what half of those things are, but good on you!

On 17/04/2017 at 10:15, TimRam said:

Hi guys. Anyone recommend a good fifa game? Sometimes the most recent ones are not the best or (obviously) the cheapest. I want a version with continuing seasons and promotion/relegation. The last one I have played was fifa 2000!

Fifa 14 is the last I got. Didn't feel the need to get the next ones.