SV Meppen v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, never had that problem last season ;)

(I don't really like the diamond in theory either, just had to get my smart arse comment in)

We never really had that problem until we lost a DM.

Clement is renowned for coaching defensive shape without the ball, I think we will soon see how tactically switched on our players are in the coming weeks.

I must admit, Bryson, Hendrick and Hughes were all guilty last season of being tactically naive, especially in a two-man midfield. Not having a proper DM and the tactical changes obviously didn't help.

In the diamond, there has to be a lot of trust on the AM to get back and fill the midfield gap when out of possession. 

What crap are you guys talking about. Numbers numbers numbers. The shape is irrelevant, it's the personnel and the coaching. They might be 4-1-3-2 now but they're not going to stay that way are they? Players will move where there is space.

What crap are you guys talking about. Numbers numbers numbers. The shape is irrelevant, it's the personnel and the coaching. They might be 4-1-3-2 now but they're not going to stay that way are they? Players will move where there is space.

I was kind of hoping that clement will have grafted them onto some sort of giant steal pole contraption like table football and will sit in the dig out turning the handles as required (he will have to check before kick off with the opposition manager if "spinning" is allowed)

Decent formation. 4-1-2-1-2. Will be more central in this game, so if Clement is impressed by this when we would still need to be wary that better sides would exploit our full-backs if we don't play wingers.

Grant

Baird Pearce Shotton Warnock

Thorne

Bryson Hendrick

Ince

Martin Weimann

Sure its not Shotton at right back and Baird centre back?

Sure its not Shotton at right back and Baird centre back?

In the line-up it was listed as Baird Warnock Shotton Pearce so I guess it went full-backs then centre-backs.

I don't t know if Baird is a CB? Surely he'd be too small. I knew he was RB or CDM but wasn't sure about centre back.

Archived