SV Meppen v Derby County

-JW-

Friendly

21/07/15

6:30pm kick off time UK

So our first game of this Holland tour is here, being played in a famous Dutch city called Germany.

Haven't got a clue about SV Meppen, don't know what league they are in, never heard of them. Bookies have priced us up as strong favourites so i guess they're carp.

Then again we're carp.

Draw at best. Weimann to score

Guys, what do you think?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friendly

21/07/15

6:30pm kick off time UK

So our first game of this Holland tour is here, being played in a famous Dutch city called Germany.

Haven't got a clue about SV Meppen, don't know what league they are in, never heard of them. Bookies have priced us up as strong favourites so i guess they're carp.

Then again we're carp.

Draw at best. Weimann to score

Guys, what do you think?

They're in 4th division. 

It appears at this stage the German leagues take a similar state as English non-league leagues. There are 5 German regional divisions, including Regionalliga North, at the 4th tier of German football. 

Are SV Meppen all professional players?

Hearing Clement's comments, I expect starts for Ssewankambo, Warnock, Shotton, Sammon, Martin, Ince, Thorne, Hanson, Bryson and even Conor Sammon tonight. 

Big chance for Ssewankambo to put in a good performance, Thorne will need to step up his game, as will Bryson, whereas I assume Ince and Martin are all about getting minutes before the Bolton game. 

Hearing Clement's comments, I expect starts for Ssewankambo, Warnock, Shotton, Sammon, Martin, Ince, Thorne, Hanson, Bryson and even Conor Sammon tonight. 

Big chance for Ssewankambo to put in a good performance, Thorne will need to step up his game, as will Bryson, whereas I assume Ince and Martin are all about getting minutes before the Bolton game. 

Who is this other sammon you speak of?

Keogh to play perfectly for 89 minutes.... Then Hughes will give him a hospital pass where he has to dive in and concede a penalty and we will have another thread where we all agree or disagree he's calamitous and we all call for Jason Shackell to be captain even though he's "injured"

We also wince when we see Thorne hobbling for no particular reason and moan that we should never have got rid of John Eustace

Also Sammon will have a clear one on one but somehow puts the ball out for a throw in... And we moan we should have taken Kwame Thomas or Mason Bennett on tour...

Tom Ince will forget to track back for one moment and we will all moan he's a lazy git who cost far too much and we should have resigned Thomas Cwyka

Keogh to play perfectly for 89 minutes.... Then Hughes will give him a hospital pass where he has to dive in and concede a penalty and we will have another thread where we all agree or disagree he's calamitous and we all call for Jason Shackell to be captain even though he's "injured"

We also wince when we see Thorne hobbling for no particular reason and moan that we should never have got rid of John Eustace

Also Sammon will have a clear one on one but somehow puts the ball out for a throw in... And we moan we should have taken Kwame Thomas or Mason Bennett on tour...

Tom Ince will forget to track back for one moment and we will all moan he's a lazy git who cost far too much and we should have resigned Thomas Cwyka

the sad thing is you are correct on those things. Keogh mental strength is being tested to the very limit. Imagine being in a position where you know you can not make one mistake, or have a lapse, even if you get away with it on the pitch, you will be slated by an element of the clubs support.

i would find that very hard to deal with. If mentally all you are thinking about is not making a mistake, you will make a mistake. All about inverted u theory. If I was clement I would spend all of pre season trying to get certain players (mainly Christie, keogh, grant, sammon and others working on the metal aspect, arousal levels and really drum drive theory into them.

never underestimate the mental aspect of the game and our influence on it as fans.

Archived