Hughes

valleyram

No doubt he's a fantastic player but clement has big decision to make right here and now , looks like he's in dire need of a break and his contribution albeit in 2 friendlies has been terrible , I reckon he should have been given more time off and come back fully refreshed and raring to go 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just want him out the way so Bryson can stamp his mark, you sneaky devil ;)

On a serious note, I completely agree. He said while at the u21 Championships he had been playing the last few months of the season with a groin injury and still had it then. Who knows, he might still have that injury now, he's had barely any time to recover from it

For a player his age, it wouldn't surprise me if he's played a record number of games, and was our Player of the Year last season. But it's very important he's right for the majority of the coming campaign. I was surprised he came back as soon as he did, considering when the U21 tournament finished, but the medical team are the professionals so they've got to call it and also say if he needs treatment or more of a break. It's a big call and if they have got it wrong, they're clearly not doing their job properly.

Either not putting the effort in or completely knackered, one or the other.

Difference between his energy and your man Craig, valleyram, was huge yesterday. So much so that my dad asked me who our number 19 was. Obviously no one was really on it yesterday but there were encouraging bursts of the 2013/14 version of Bryson yesterday, whereas Hughes didn't show flashes of anything.

The England U21 set up is a mess, players like Hughes and Ince shouldn't have to make the choice between international and club careers at this age, but the players seem to get put under so much  pressure and stress that they can't do both properly.

I think he might need to be treated carefully but he's a top act and I'd hate to lose him. I don't pay much attention to pre season games either way and a 1-0 win at Northampton isn't eye-catching. However, thanks to the poster who put the goal on, you can see Hughes involved twice in that move, just caressing the ball in to the path of a team mate. Simple but so effective.

I think he might need to be treated carefully but he's a top act and I'd hate to lose him. I don't pay much attention to pre season games either way and a 1-0 win at Northampton isn't eye-catching. However, thanks to the poster who put the goal on, you can see Hughes involved twice in that move, just caressing the ball in to the path of a team mate. Simple but so effective.

You don't but obviously PC does hence him giving them a bollocking at HT.

The plus point was the goal, the movement was very good - although against poor opposition.

I found that Hughes is taking his eye off the ball far too often and it usually ends up with problems in defence......

You don't but obviously PC does hence him giving them a bollocking at HT.

The plus point was the goal, the movement was very good - although against poor opposition.

I found that Hughes is taking his eye off the ball far too often and it usually ends up with problems in defence......

Yes when he's off his game, he looks average. When he's on it, it's the opposition's defence that ends up with the problems.

Hughes can be crap for 89minutes. What he does have is the ability to pick a pass or create a chance out of nothing.

we all want him to boss games, but he is still developing and is a marked man in that opposition will not give him time on the ball and will press and niggle him.

he is a wonderful player and a few poor games does not change the fact that he is a match winner

Having seen the highlights of the Northampton game and read all the reports on here, it would appear that there is a credibility gap between the full game and the highlights. How much more when watching a promotional video when buying a player. Four minutes of skill in a sea of  dross. Always trust the concensus of opinion of the people who were there.

Sometimes players need games to get fit.

sometimes they to rest and give their bodies a chance to recover.

He looked tired at the end of last season.

I think Hughes is better when he has Bryson with him rather than Hendrick. I like Jeff and think he's an extremely talented footballer but Bryso's quickness of thought and non-stop running seems to unsettle defenders more.

With a fully fit George Thorne behind them i'd take any 2 from 3 out of those depending on opposition and form.

Archived