James McClean - More Controversy

Scott129

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats he done?

A bit of triumphant fist pumping and a "come and 'av a go" gesture towards Sunderland fans after the final whistle. He had no doubt been abused all game by them for being (a)a complete prat (b)ex Sunderland (c) a crap footballer.

I think the bigger question is why did they have national anthems at a friendly?

It's an International match and they should have the national anthems.

If players refuse to face the flag, then more fool them. It's the player that will come out of this with negative headlines and rightly so. If McClean has an opinion over his Britisicism, he should keep that to himself in the International arena as you have 50,000 passionate fans who want to get right behind their country.

Why not simply face the flag and put your head down. That's what I would do.

McClean clearly enjoys the media limelight and this type of behaviour will at least sadly mean that he has a job doing media work after he retires as that is how things work.

Any player with a profile is assured of a second career. If you're not so good at football, do something that will continually put you in the limelight.

A bit of triumphant fist pumping and a "come and 'av a go" gesture towards Sunderland fans after the final whistle. He had no doubt been abused all game by them for being (a)a complete prat (b)ex Sunderland (c) a crap footballer.

I once got abused by Sunnerlan fans for a bit of fist pumping on the old RollsRoyce carpark.

It looked like a bit of an over reaction by the Sunderland players to me. The guy is as his manager stated 'not the sharpest tool in the toolbox'. Reminded me of another over reaction to a corner flag waving not the sharpest tool in the toolbox player at the City Ground. 

I don't like the fact he earns thousands of pounds a week in a country that he has no respect for our traditions.

What absolute rot. Presumably, you know how McClean lives his day-to-day life to make such bald statements.

What 'traditions' are these? The fetishisation of a flag? 

The 'us and them' attitude of some people in relation to poppy wearing?

Standing up for what he believes?

Free speech?

I don't like the fact he earns thousands of pounds a week in a country that he has no respect for our traditions.

What traditions would they be - internment without trial, invasion and occupation of a foreign country for 325 years, turning the machine guns on a sporting crowd indiscriminately at Croke Park during the Dublin v Tipperary gaelic football match in 1920, or do you just mean allowing over 1 million Irish people to die during the Great Famine of 1845-1849?

no doubt the IRA didn't kneecap their own people, murder women, or blow anyone up at all under the age of 4 years old?

what exactly have the IRA to do with this? Has McClean said he supports them and their actions? 

Why do people assume that because a person objects to something then they must be exactly the same as all the other people that oppose it?

just a player celebrating a victory in front of the opposition fans that had barracked him for 90 minutes.

Exactly, makes me laugh these fans stood there giving a player **** all game then lose it when he gives some back, if you can't take it don't give it.

Don't go all but they're professionals they should expect and deal with it, oh bore off and man up, you wouldn't dare say half the stuff you chant to his face. Bloody fairies.

Archived