James McClean - More Controversy

Scott129

what exactly have the IRA to do with this? Has McClean said he supports them and their actions? 

Why do people assume that because a person objects to something then they must be exactly the same as all the other people that oppose it?

just adding some balance to the previous comments

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he had gone over and applauded the sunderland fans he would probably  have gained their respect.

the final gesture was a bit irresponsible, 

Are the sunderland players supposed to just stand there and let him get on with it?

If he had gone over and applauded the sunderland fans he would probably  have gained their respect.

Are the sunderland players supposed to just stand there and let him get on with it?

I'm not sure he wants their respect. And yes, that's exactly what the Sunderland players should do. 

it what way is it balance? A player objects to the British Army in Derry and you talk about murdering women and children as if this player condones it. How is that balance?

i'm not referring to mcsausage

i'm putting some balance to the points that eddie made.

I'm not sure he wants their respect. And yes, that's exactly what the Sunderland players should do. 

so our players should have stood aside as tyson waved the forest flag ?

no chance.

I've got no time for fans moaning when they've been dishing it out all game, but to suggest Sunderland players should just stand and watch him goad their fans is ridiculous.

I have only just seen the incident....wow what an over reaction about absolutely nothing... as has been said, it is considered ok for a group of  few thousand fans to abuse a single player for 90 minutes but not when the player punches the air... pathetic, the Sunderland players and fans just looked like marry pieces of sh1te.

I cant say i like McClean at all but fair play to him for this...and is it worse than Tyson swinging around the flag or Savage waving the scarf around..of course not its nothing at all just marry football fans and footballers who can't take losing...and you would have thought Sunderland would be used to it by now.

They are supposed to be adults.

Did they react because he started it? Very mature.

The exact same argument can be applied to McClean baiting the Sunderland fans.

Why do you expect Sunderland players to abide by your rather exacting standards, yet seem content to give McClean a free pass?

Why do you expect Sunderland players to abide by your rather exacting standards, yet seem content to give McClean a free pass?

bating the Sunderland fans.....? he stuck his fist in the air... thats all he did after they had been abusing him for 90 minutes.

what gives football fans the right to abuse someone all game and then act shocked when he gives a little bit back?? 

I don't. Just because one person does something doesn't mean others have to do the same. That's moronic. 

Why are my standards exacting?

I don't. Just because one person does something doesn't mean others have to do the same. That's moronic. 

Why are my standards exacting?

That's fine, but if that was really the case you would have condemned McClean the way you did the Sunderland players. To paraphrase you, "He's supposed to be an adult. Did he react because the Sunderland fans started it? Very mature."

You literally expect players heading over to applaud their own disappointed fans to stand and watch in silence whilst an opposition player goads them. In my book that's exacting.

bating the Sunderland fans.....? he stuck his fist in the air... thats all he did after they had been abusing him for 90 minutes.

what gives football fans the right to abuse someone all game and then act shocked when he gives a little bit back?? 

Read my post from earlier. I don't have an issue with McClean's reaction. I just don't think it's fair to criticise Sunderland players for what I consider to be a very normal reaction to someone behaving that way.

That's fine, but if that was really the case you would have condemned McClean the way you did the Sunderland players. To paraphrase you, "He's supposed to be an adult. Did he react because the Sunderland fans started it? Very mature."

You literally expect players heading over to applaud their own disappointed fans to stand and watch in silence whilst an opposition player goads them. In my book that's exacting.

I don't think he is very mature and I haven't condoned his actions yesterday. As it happens, I don't think his actions are especially responsible and he should probably steer clear of engaging with the kind of ****** that go out of their way to abuse him. 

I also don't think his actions are as bad as Danny Graham's, for example. I don't 'expect' players to behave with decorum but they should do. They are representing their club, not just acting as a hit squad for meat heads in the stand. 

I don't think he is very mature and I haven't condoned his actions yesterday. As it happens, I don't think his actions are especially responsible and he should probably steer clear of engaging with the kind of ****** that go out of their way to abuse him. 

I also don't think his actions are as bad as Danny Graham's, for example. I don't 'expect' players to behave with decorum but they should do. They are representing their club, not just acting as a hit squad for meat heads in the stand. 

You'd make a fine politician. Not condoning doesn't equate to condemnation. Fair enough though, there's no hypocrisy. You think both McClean and Graham were in the wrong, whereas whilst I'll agree that neither of them has acted responsibly I don't have an issue with either of them showing a bit of emotion.

Also, "hit squad"? Now who's exaggerating? He shoved him in the chest a few times and gave him an earful.

Archived