Times when we should have taken the money

Carl Sagan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there was bid of 7m for both Christie and Riggott at one point. It's all done in hindsight though, because at the time they were our better players.

On the flip side, we sold Christian Daily for over 5m back in 1998 - a cracking fee considering. But we soon went to pot without him.

I think there was bid of 7m for both Christie and Riggott at one point. It's all done in hindsight though, because at the time they were our better players.

On the flip side, we sold Christian Daily for over 5m back in 1998 - a cracking fee considering. But we soon went to pot without him.

Beat me to it think it was the same season as Poom. Got offered mega bucks for them both from Boro I think but then ended up selling them much cheaper.. You'd think we'd lear our lesson from Them two with Bryson and Keogh!

Too early to say if we should have cashed in or not, but am I right in remember that Arsenal bid For Kwame Thomas when he was 15?

No, because he wasn't on a pro deal at 15 so he'd have just gone without us being able to stop him. If he turned them down, that could be a different story.

No, because he wasn't on a pro deal at 15 so he'd have just gone without us being able to stop him. If he turned them down, that could be a different story.

Oh yeah that's true, it would have been them approaching him (with us potentially being compensated). Maybe they just scouted him, I really can't remember now.

Archived