Real Madrid - Florentino Perez

Dale The Ram

Needed to start a topic for one of the biggest twits in the game.

He allowed Del Bosque to leave and sold anyone who criticised, he sold Makelele when he was seen as the key player but wasn't paid like it.

He has instilled a policy of only buying "Marketable Players" and has been rumoured he sold Di Maria because he was too ugly, he is rumoured to have bought Beckham instead of Ronaldinho because of the Beckham brand.

He had the option to buy Eto'o but refused as he didn't see him as an asset, he went to Barca and the rest is history.

He has spent crazy money on Woodgate and Samuel who weren't good enough.

They spoke to Klopp and other managerial candidates when Ancelotti (the man who won them La Decima) was still in charge and still able to win the Champions League and the league.

But recently he has driven Iker Casillas out of the club, a man who has won everything there is to win, without even a send-off...

Baffling at best, discuss

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to start a thread on Iker Casillas, but I cannot start threads at work for some reason.

The treatment of Casillas is amongst the most disgusting I have ever known in football. The man has spent 25 years there, but didn't even get a wave goodbye and it is disgusting when the one thing most fans crave is loyalty in the game.

As much as the treatment of Cassillas has been poor, he is a shadow of his former self. On the slide big time.

Maybe so but I bet it is due to confidence which rightly left when Mourinho came.

Problem is it wasn't an amicable sending off for their greatest goalkeeper, Xavi and Gerrard are both shadows of their former selves and were sent with great admiration and praise but Iker gets a room of reporters

The whole thing was a complete mess and you have to feel sorry for Casillas but they are saying that he turned down a big send off as he thought it was hypocrisy. That's fair enough but you can't really criticise the lack of a send off. 

The whole thing was a complete mess and you have to feel sorry for Casillas but they are saying that he turned down a big send off as he thought it was hypocrisy. That's fair enough but you can't really criticise the lack of a send off. 

Read he was going to have one but Real and Porto fell out about the contract which stalled it and he said that was the final straw and didn't want the hypocrisy. Fair play to him, he has taken it well as a man, id be wearing Barca this Barca that if they did the same :lol:

Read he was going to have one but Real and Porto fell out about the contract which stalled it and he said that was the final straw and didn't want the hypocrisy. Fair play to him, he has taken it well as a man, id be wearing Barca this Barca that if they did the same :lol:

He's still a Madrileno, he would never do that. 

He was given a second farewell today as Perez tried to repair the damage. Time for all parties to move on.

I hate Real and everything they stand for. They've always been like this. It's ingrained in the fabric of the club. How does Pérez keep getting re-elected otherwise?

"La Decima" is a crock of **** as well. I'm sick of hearing them harp on about it just because they won 5 european trophies before the majority of the continent was taking the competition seriously.

He's still a Madrileno, he would never do that. 

He was given a second farewell today as Perez tried to repair the damage. Time for all parties to move on.

He wouldn't but as I say he has taken it with grace and professionalism, maybe in a few years he will have a dig at Perez or release a book stating what happened but until then he has dealt with it like he should

Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world. They buy marketable players simply to keep up with their traditions of turning over huge sums of money. Perez is a business man, he isn't stupid.

He brought in Chicharito, who in all honesty is an average PL striker who'd do well to get regular football at someone like Stoke, for the Hugo Sanhcez connection and economic benefits from Mexico.

Beckham was a masterpiece. He may not have been the best player, but Real Madrid's brand was expanded as a result.

The Iker Casillas debacle is terribly harsh on the player. But he's no longer a top class goalkeeper, selling him was their only option as sticking around to play second fiddle would have caused even more problems.

But agree they deserve a shed load of criticism. La 'Decima' is a joke, as rightly soken about before. Since the modern game is far more advanced, Barceona's four European titles in nine years is a much better feat.

And their fans are the most fickle in world football. Getting rid of Carlo Ancelotti after he produced their best football this side of the millennium will hopefully bite them hard.

I'm still struggling with sacking Ancelotti for Benitez. 

Think he's more of a Yes man. It's obvious Perez wants to see Bale included as much as possible, but I think Ancelotti wanted to pull him out of the firing line last season and was overruled.

As good as Ancelotti was, the squad appeared broken towards the end. All started off with the selling of Angel di Maria, such a big mistake.

Think he's more of a Yes man. It's obvious Perez wants to see Bale included as much as possible, but I think Ancelotti wanted to pull him out of the firing line last season and was overruled.

As good as Ancelotti was, the squad appeared broken towards the end. All started off with the selling of Angel di Maria, such a big mistake.

would argue the sale of Alonso was the worst decision made. Especially when replaced with Kroos...

Very sad about Iker. In a moment of Estrella Damm fuelled inebriation I popped into the RM shop in Madrid in 2005 to buy a kit for son aged 2 as a souvenir and the only teeny one they had was the goalie kit so son was known as "Casillas" from that moment at nursery. :)

we've all felt a bit of an affinity with Iker since and he always comes across as a dignified  man

would argue the sale of Alonso was the worst decision made. Especially when replaced with Kroos...

Alonso is one of my favourite footballers. I think there's an awful lot to be admired. He's an excellent player in own right, but more importantly he is able to improve the performance of players around him with clever and unselfish play.

Archived