Northampton Town vs Derby County

Duracell

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The official dcfc report (see link in my earlier post above) has Barnes (gk) and Bennett down as unused subs. That's all I know.

My guess, 13 minutes on, is that after visiting numerous media sites, official and unofficial, that DEL now realises that you might be correct, but silence is the best option under the circumstances.

I don't think DEL will ever accept he's wrong, even if someone was holding a pistol to his head.

#bananas 

On such an occasion I heard DEL say ' So are you feeling lucky, punk?' I thought that this was unwise because it was the other guy that had the gun.DEL is an asset to this forum and he said that he would give me a fiver if i said so. :)

According to Nicholson we played a diamond in the 2nd half with Martin and Russell up top and Ince behind them. We played better in the 2nd than in the 1st, but I'm not sure if that was down to formation change or the introduction of Martin and Ince

Or the rollicking PC gave out at HT!

After all its his match review that really matters.

Well back to yesterday's game,great turn out of over 1200 ,game itself your typical friendly,Best man on the pitch was Johhny Russell,also thought Wiemann looked good in patches his turn for the goal was excellent,Ince looked tidy when he came on,Forsyth looked as we all know our best left back by far,good to hear from Clement it was not good enough.But for me no time to panic,it's preseason and it's all about getting ready for Bolton,which i am sure we will be.Off to get 5 tickets for Bolton away on Monday at some time.WE WILL BE READY FOR BOLTON.

Just thought it looked like a soft clumsy nudge outside the area, no?

From where I was sitting it looked like "same old Keogh; throwing himself in to the tackle. STAY ON YOUR FEET MAN!!!"

Mind you I might not be correct as I bought my Armchair with knowledge of restricted views.

A clumsy nudge is still a foul though, whether you agree with modern football's standards of physicality or not.

I always look at things like this and ask what decision I'd want if it was the other way around.

If that was Chris Martin getting himself fully between the ball and a defender (so the defender has zero chance of playing the ball) and going towards the box, only to be brought down by a clumsy challenge, I'd be a bit miffed if the ref simply waved play-on!

He's experienced enough to know that you simply can't do that in modern football, and we've all seen players sent off for less

Archived