Alan Hinton

RaphaRam

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a feeling this was going to be bad news when I saw the title, what a nice feeling I got when I read on, thanks for the good news.

I remember being on the popside when he scored two textbook Alan Hinton specials against Everton, he could strike a ball the old boy.

Did Alan ever have a chant for him. Hes coming over for the Leeds game, we are hoping to organise something for him.

we've got alan, alan hinton on the wing, on the wing

we've got alan, alan hinton on the wing, on the wing

alan

alan hinton

alan hinton on the wing

alan

alan hinton

alan hinton on the wing

and probably others, but that's the one I remember singing

Well dome Alan ,one of my favourite stories about Gladys was when some of Derby's  tougher players questioned Alan's bravery .

BC took them out on the the Baseball Ground pitch and told them that to run down the wing with the concrete edge of the terracing plus the 3 foot drop was not was not for someone lacking bottle.

The German sportswear company Hummel was looking to break into the UK market and signed up several professionals to wear its new white boots. Not that they were worn for sartorial elegance. Alan Ball, who debuted his white boots in the 1970 Charity Shield, used to paint an old pair of Adidas boots white, while Derby's Alan Hinton risked Brian Clough's wrath for the money.

"The background to me wearing them was simple. A company called Hummel approached me and offered me a grand," Hinton told the Star in 2011. "That was a fair bit of money back then. I thought Cloughie would crucify me, but he didn't for some reason."

image.jpg

image.jpg

Archived