Future Captincey..

SK47

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This highlights the problem with the captaincy debate.

The names I have seen mentioned on here now are Martin, Buxton, Thorne and Ince, can you see the connection here?

Fan favourites.

Let's extend this to coaches, I'd like to see Barker come back as a coach, we should get Stimac in as defensive coach, Eranio would be a cracking coach. Again, can anyone see the connection here?

Fan favourites.

A captains job isn't just the 90 minutes on the pitch, a big part of the captains job is off the pitch, behind closed doors, doors which fans can't see through. Same goes for coaches and I had a mini post on this the other day where I picked up a few likes, I expect a few more for this as I attempt to catch up with Eddie by earning likes the right way and not insulting other members.

This is an internet forum tho, end of the day it's here for discussions, you could sit here and make an argument we know nothing on everything that goes on, signings, line ups etc. so go for it, knock yourselves out.

My point is still valid tho :) 

Do you think Ince has the mould to be a future captain one day? Wether it's us or another club...

I personally like how he conducts himself in his interviews. Shows passion, Ambition and belief in what he's saying.

I know we always get hyped with a new player.. But seeing his attitude last season, with how he continued to fight and scrap when things weren't going our way with a never say die perspective, Can only be the early signs of a captain.. Maybe?

I wasn't that impressed with his interview. I'm hearing 'came across very well in his interview' a lot lately. I know footballers aren't known for being bright but have we been that indoctrinated by Nigel Clough saying errrrrr every other word that were impressed by somebody putting a grammatically sound sentence together?

In Tom Ince's interview he made the cardinal sin of referring to himself in the third person, like Richard Nixon, Elmo and Billy Davies.

Charlton at home last season - Thorne's second game 'back'.Until he limped off he was our leader on the pitch. He was arranging the marking, moving the offensive line up the pitch and allocating player to follow runners. If that lad can stay fit, there'll be no other choice for captain.

Ince has no fight whatsoever. He's a very tidy footballer and, unusually for one so gifted, he isn't lazy, but, at the end of the day, I just can't see him being the one to rally the troops when their backs are against the wall and only cliched metaphors will do.

Giving the captaincy to a new player would be disrespectful to the players that have been here fighting the cause for a few years now.

Martin for me, grit, determination and has the respect of the rest of the squad.

Giving the captaincy to a new player would be disrespectful to the players that have been here fighting the cause for a few years now.

Martin for me, grit, determination and has the respect of the rest of the squad.

Dave Mackay and Igor Stimac didn't seem to suffer fro a lack of respect.

It's very hard to say with most young players. It's not how the act in interviews, in training on the pitch. It's how they respond to things.

How would Ince cope with two players falling out in a training session, how would Ince pick the lads up in the dressing room, how would he conduct himself if he wasn't getting decisions?

Generally, it's hard to know who's captain material without being behind the scenes every day. It's much easier to say who isn't.

Ince is young, he *could* develop into captain material, I mean hell Ronaldo is captain of Portugal, isn't he? but I don't think he's the calming leader off the pitch you need in a captain.

I know someone who did PR work for Reyaal and he said that Ronaldo is one of the nicest people around. Does a lot of charity, encourages the youth players and is generally a very liked person at the club.

On the other hand, according to the same person, Messi seems to have short man syndrome, snapping at people and acting like a general bully about the place.

This highlights the problem with the captaincy debate.

The names I have seen mentioned on here now are Martin, Buxton, Thorne and Ince, can you see the connection here?

Fan favourites.

Let's extend this to coaches, I'd like to see Barker come back as a coach, we should get Stimac in as defensive coach, Eranio would be a cracking coach. Again, can anyone see the connection here?

Fan favourites.

A captains job isn't just the 90 minutes on the pitch, a big part of the captains job is off the pitch, behind closed doors, doors which fans can't see through. Same goes for coaches and I had a mini post on this the other day where I picked up a few likes, I expect a few more for this as I attempt to catch up with Eddie by earning likes the right way and not insulting other members.

This is an internet forum tho, end of the day it's here for discussions, you could sit here and make an argument we know nothing on everything that goes on, signings, line ups etc. so go for it, knock yourselves out.

My point is still valid tho :) 

Top post.

You should revert back to the old like system. Stops certain members from fishing, trolling, insulting and WUMing in order to get likes. 

People suggest bryson as captain, seriously??? He spent most of this season sulking with his head in the sand yet he's supposed to encourage our teammates? Never have I looked at bryson and thought, "yep he knows how to arrange our players, give him the band"

What does martin do that Keogh doesn't? Score goals? Moans at the squad when they don't pass to him, if keoghs not encouraging enough for you then martin certainly isn't, Ward would've made a better captain than Martin encouragement wise,Keogh's well respected by the squad just because some fans don't, why will he perform better if he's not captain, sorry I didn't realise that the captain had to do several players jobs all at once, his ability to read the game is not affected by whether he has an armband around him

thorne, fan favourite, helps organise the defence, but any competent DM should do that anyway, I've no doubt Baird will provide defensive cover yet will fans want him captain? Captains have got to be model professionals for the club, they are the players ambassador, I'm glad he's here but georgey boy spat out his dummy, sulked uninterested in training at WBA when he couldn't jump ship here after handing two transfer requests in? Ince wanted to come here, said so himself but he let the clubs negotiate it out and keep his head down, the same supposedly happening with shackell.

"keogh, ok defender jumps on the floor too often, i know take the armband off him, that'll help him stay on his feet", sorry I forgot the armband added extra weight that would make you a unbalanced and more detrimental player. not a competent enough leader? clough, Maclaren, martin o Neil, fellow professionals and teammate interviews say otherwise, remind me, who was it that captained our Defense to something ridiculous about 7 clean sheets in a row

keoghs not perfect, nobody is and the only player I could conceive take the band In Our current side is buxton

I bet boro fans can't wait to get rid of Ayala or whoever it was that gave the ball away to jerome at Wembley 

Archived