Chris Martin

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or nobody really came in in the first place and this whole story is aload of tosh.

Owen Bradley isn't stupid, think he knows Nixon talks absolute ***** to sell a story.

Nixon did never say anyone made an offer. He only said Swansea made an inquiry. Inquiries and responses to them should never go public, really.

Owen's right though, if an offer came in then the rejection would be made public. So there hasn't been one. 

From the telegraph

Derby County: Striker '£7m target for Swansea, C Palace, West Ham & Newcastle' #dcfc #dcfcfans http://ow.ly/P7TaE 

You'd hope to hold out for more, and it all depends on what system PC is going to play. 

45 goals in 2 seasons? £7m? That's only buying half the wardrobe. The very least we should expect is £11m IMO !

We won't sell him for the money that will be offered. Without more pace I don't think anyone will pay the value he's worth to OUR team.

They'll see a good hold up player and decent finisher. They'll pay for that. They wont value him like we do because he's everything our team works around. 

No PL side is going to buy him and focus around him like we do. 

Wouldnt even consider anything below 10million considering QPR turned down 12million for charlie austin. Martin is far superior at interlinking with play than Austin and can score goals and lots of em.... 12 million would be under serious consideration seen as he is unproven in the prem we know hes class in the championship

7m is a lot of money for chris martin. i don't think i could turn that down.

wont happen anyway our valuation will be far greater then there's.

Ulloa went for £8m last summer? Isn't half the player Chris Martin is and the market has gone up a couple notches since.

Chris Martin, £10m bare ******* minimum on the open market, and with the wardrobe's value to our team it isn't an open market. QPR knocking back £12m Austin, so I wouldn't consider talking to anyone coming in a penny under £12m. 

Well the bookies have put Derby as favourites to try and get Jordan Rhodes.

We're not getting him... Bookies just guessing and trying to make the customers to get on the case... It worked well for them on McCormack to us is it? Oh wait ended up at Fulham. :whistle: 

For me, Chris Martin is a do not sell at any price.

His goals and all round play are vastly more valuable than any transfer fee we would feasibly receive- it was clear to see how important he is for us when he was injured last season.

I also can't really think of anyone who we could feasibly replace him with.

Martin, Bent and Weimann wants to play through the middle. Why would we be podding out serious money on another Championship striker? I just don't see it. Unless Martin is leaving, in which case surely you'd want a like for like.

Archived