Take Five 2015-16 Announcement

eddie

OK lads and lasses - as you all know, the Take Five Prediction League died a death last season, basically because it was too much time and effort  for everybody to keep up to date with players/squads of all the clubs involved, and of course that was a prerequisite to earn your 'bonuses'.

I would like to propose that we resurrect it for next season, but perhaps without the 'First Goalscorer', which is what seemed to give everybody (including me) a lot of heartache. Instead, how's about half-time scores as well as full-time scores, or possibly nominating one game as your 'joker' for double-up points (or even both - a 3-2 HT, 5-6 FT Joker selected game would make mincemeat of any league table).

I will do a bit of statistical analysis based upon results from last season over the next few days, and come up with one or two proposals re points, 'double-up' bonuses etc and then put that across to the membership. In the interim, could you please indicate your willingness to take part (or otherwise) in this thread.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the memsahibs idea for a knock out competition?

that was the best idea.

i'm a maybe.

not bothered about half time scores.

keep it simple 

Take Five was brilliant!

Being semi-retired I'd spend hours studying stats, stats and more stats. Winning sequences, losing sequences, shots on target, shots off target, possession, opta stats, footy stats, stat bunker, spreadsheets, databases, odds checker, goals for, goals against, goal difference, league tables, home league tables, away league tables,form tables..................                 ................and I still finished 15th!

Eddie, I'm in. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Archived