Johnny Russell

DCFC1388

No idea, you would have to ask PC......

Do you not think that it would be a bit odd to let JR go though?

Even IF you assume (I don't) he's behind Ince and Weimann in the pecking order

1) we've consistently needed 4 players for the 'wing' positions so we'd need to replace him (and potentially add another too)

2) why get rid of a player in a position you're slightly short?

3) the formation seems to actually call for 3 AMs now (Left, Right and Centre) which means yet another position the JR can play adding to his value of versatility

4) he's scored 2 in 2 pre season (and seems to be a popular choice for PC so far)

WalesOnline understands

I wonder if they might be biased? 

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me that Clement rates Russell. Probably looked like second choice with Ince and Weimann coming in but he's definitely made his mark on his place. I think he'll probably play as second/shadow striker, maybe over Bent.

Nice profile picture, you have great taste

WalesOnline understands the two clubs are currently “miles apart” when it comes to a valuation for the player but Cardiff plan to persevere – right up until the moment the window slams shut at 6pm on Tuesday, September 1

That statement does not say Derby have said he is not for sale!

For me it says if the price is right we can do a deal........

This is from the WalesOnline article on Johnny Russell last week

Derby made it clear a few weeks ago that Russell was not for sale, but Cardiff have kept their interest alive

So we have told Cardiff he isn't for sale according to WalesOnline. I don't get why you're so hopeful of Russell leaving. We'd be a much weaker team if he left and we'd struggle to find a replacement for the same price who is as good or better than Russell and would join knowing he's likely to be backup to Weimann and Ince

This is from the WalesOnline article on Johnny Russell last week

Derby made it clear a few weeks ago that Russell was not for sale, but Cardiff have kept their interest alive

So we have told Cardiff he isn't for sale according to WalesOnline. I don't get why you're so hopeful of Russell leaving. We'd be a much weaker team if he left and we'd struggle to find a replacement for the same price who is as good or better than Russell and would join knowing he's likely to be backup to Weimann and Ince

Nope, we have not rebuffed there 2nd offer, apparently we have said the valuation is miles off - that is not a he is not for sale statement and this is what I am questioning, we have not made a statement to say he is not for sale.

As I said earlier it would not make sense to replace him with the same type of valuation player - no purpose, but if there is somebody else that PC thinks will do a wingers job but better albeit costing us more, I as a fan or for that!

Most players are available for the right price, there will be others are not for sale those that PC is building a dynasty around, after all that is why he is here to change things - otherwise there was no need to sack Mac.......

Nope, we have not rebuffed there 2nd offer, apparently we have said the valuation is miles off - that is not a he is not for sale statement and this is what I am questioning, we have not made a statement to say he is not for sale.

As I said earlier it would not make sense to replace him with the same type of valuation player - no purpose, but if there is somebody else that PC thinks will do a wingers job but better albeit costing us more, I as a fan or for that!

Most players are available for the right price, there will be others are not for sale those that PC is building a dynasty around, after all that is why he is here to change things - otherwise there was no need to sack Mac.......

You are using WalesOnline's quotes to argue we have said our valuation of Russell is miles different to theirs, but when I give you a quote from the same paper saying we told them last week he isn't for sale you say it's wrong. Make your mind up, do we believe what WalesOnline are saying or not?

And as for spending more on a winger if we sell Russell ..... that just doesn't make sense at all. Why spend £3 million + on a player who's likely to sit on the bench if Ince and Weimann stay fit? The money should be spend on areas that will directly improve the starting 11, not on improving the bench.

That's FULL of assumption there dude... The source is Wales Online which is OBVIOUSLY going to write it with a positive spin... their sources at DCFC are going to be woeful... don't you think?

WalesOnline understands the two clubs are currently “miles apart” when it comes to a valuation for the player but Cardiff plan to persevere – right up until the moment the window slams shut at 6pm on Tuesday, September 1

'Miles apart' could easily include one side saying "Go away"... Can't get much further away from an agreement than that...

You are using WalesOnline's quotes to argue we have said our valuation of Russell is miles different to theirs, but when I give you a quote from the same paper saying we told them last week he isn't for sale you say it's wrong. Make your mind up, do we believe what WalesOnline are saying or not?

And as for spending more on a winger if we sell Russell ..... that just doesn't make sense at all. Why spend £3 million + on a player who's likely to sit on the bench if Ince and Weimann stay fit? The money should be spend on areas that will directly improve the starting 11, not on improving the bench.

super rams can't make his mind at all so therefore he's using WalesOnline quotes to 'back it up' which is that's rubbish! :lol:

Seems that is not quite true, if Cardiff have been told their two offers are not high enough

If the price is right then he's gone and for this to take place, -

1, PC must think JR is not in his future plans for 1st team footie and

2. PC must have somebody else lined up, I would have also thought of better quality, otherwise PC wouldn't sell him and originally it would have been a firm rebuff to Cardiff - JR is not for sale........and that's not happened..

Every player has his price but if Russell isn't part of Clement's plans i'd be very surprised... He's been our best player in pre-season!

Listen, if PC was not interested Cardiff would have been told that in no certain terms, but he hasn't, only that our valuation and Cardiffs are different, that is not a statement of he is not for sale.........as for your comment regarding GT - he told WBA he wasn't going back and it started  the ball rolling, as for Ince, there was a get out clause in his loan deal that we could trigger and we did.

There is one winger certainly alot better than JR and on a free.............

don't post often but super rams you are writing what you want to happen and reading statements as you want and not as they are

Birmingham away last season, Russell was exceptional, rounded it off with a goal at the end too. Wolves at home also, a terrific game from him.

1 player isn't usually the difference between 2 sides with the exception of Ince, Martin and Hughes who, we all agree, are a class above.

I live in the South East so I only get to see one game per season. But the one game I did see was Wigan at home when we lost 2-1. He was the only decent player on the pitch for Derby. Looked really positive when he had the ball and constantly made chances when possible. Even when I watch us on Sky he looks class. I don't understand why people say he isn't good. Unless his like Chris Commons and only plays well on TV.

I live in the South East so I only get to see one game per season. But the one game I did see was Wigan at home when we lost 2-1. He was the only decent player on the pitch for Derby. Looked really positive when he had the ball and constantly made chances when possible. Even when I watch us on Sky he looks class. I don't understand why people say he isn't good. Unless his like Chris Commons and only plays well on TV.

He doesn't have the ability players like Ince and Hughes have, but he is easily one of the hardest workers in the squad. He's passionate about Derby County and just from watching the club's videos you can see everyone likes him and he's a good lad to have around the place

I thought you were the other super rams then and spent a good minute wondering why your post was rational.   :lol:

Archived