Matthew Lowton

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but with Micah Richards signing for Villa, d'you reckon this could open the door for Lowton joining? Just hope we don't pay too much, if we're paying £2m+ for Shackell then I wouldn't pay as much as that for Lowton. Again, apologies if this has already been mentioned. 

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but with Micah Richards signing for Villa, d'you reckon this could open the door for Lowton joining? Just hope we don't pay too much, if we're paying £2m+ for Shackell then I wouldn't pay as much as that for Lowton. Again, apologies if this has already been mentioned. 

Richards will be playing as CB role according my Villa mate.

To some degree I think that Clement is playing the percentage game. If we try to sign a good number of players and we only get a reasonable percentage of those to sine on then I will not be going off at a tangent over this matter. I hope that I am not going round in circles, being obtuse or trying to be acute person. Please do not reply with a knee jerk reflex to this as everyone is entitled to have their own angle on these matters. I hope that this strikes a chord with some of you who live within a fifty mile radius of the IPropotenuse.

To some degree I think that Clement is playing the percentage game. If we try to sign a good number of players and we only get a reasonable percentage of those to sine on then I will not be going off at a tangent over this matter. I hope that I am not going round in circles, being obtuse or trying to be acute person. Please do not reply with a knee jerk reflex to this as everyone is entitled to have their own angle on these matters. I hope that this strikes a chord with some of you who live within a fifty mile radius of the IPropotenuse.

I understand what you mean but I think I'm missing the point? 

Will still surely be a back up to RB. I confess to not knowing too much about the Villa squad, is there another first choice RB? 

My impression is that Alan Hutton and Leandro Bacuna are both ahead of Lowton at the minute.  I saw Villa a number of times this last season, but can't remember Lowton appearing on any of those occasions - saying that, I can't say that I totally agree with Villa's squad selection this past year!

My impression is that Alan Hutton and Leandro Bacuna are both ahead of Lowton at the minute.  I saw Villa a number of times this last season, but can't remember Lowton appearing on any of those occasions - saying that, I can't say that I totally agree with Villa's squad selection this past year!

Now that you say their names, it seems obvious! If he's hardly been picked anyway then maybe Richards joining Villa makes little difference to Lowton joining at all, especially if the former does play at CB as Derby_EnglandLoyal said. 

A chap I work with is related to him, speak to him a few times a day says he's waiting on apparent offers from PL teams. But he's a young lad born and raised in Chesterfield and the locality would be a big draw for him.

Lets hope we go in for him then, I imagine the PL teams interested with mostly be lower table anyway so there won't be too much difference between us and them. Plus, if we have the added bonus of being local for him then I suppose that may just tip the balance - if we bid for him at all obviously. 

Nixon doesn't think we're in for him - Burnley are the most serious contenders at the moment

In that case, signing for Derby in 5....4....3....

We do have Christie, Shotton, Keogh (especially if bringing in a plethora of other CBs) and everyone seems to forget Sswankambo (though his Chelsea career didn't quite coincide with Clement's). I would say that good coaching (which we apparently have in abundance) should turn at least a couple of those into fine right backs without buying yet another one.

We do have Christie, Shotton, Keogh (especially if bringing in a plethora of other CBs) and everyone seems to forget Sswankambo (though his Chelsea career didn't quite coincide with Clement's). I would say that good coaching (which we apparently have in abundance) should turn at least a couple of those into fine right backs without buying yet another one.

Thats very true, but then McClaren's strongest area was his coaching and we didn't see much out of them. I think Christie and/or Shotton can be excellent right backs, we saw that they can be good earlier in the season. I can't really comment on Ssewankambo having never seen him play but he must have some talent for us to invest in him at a young age. I'd like to see them all given a chance but if Lowton is available then I think we should go for him - but only for the right money. 

I'd loan out Christie to a lower championship club, sell Shotton

Buy Lowton and use Keogh as the back up right back if necessary.

that is an awful idea. Keogh at Right Back...it's like saying we need one striker and have Russell as back up

Archived