Matthew Lowton

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but if they are spending money then they might need to let some go to fund them, Possibly Shackell! 

Nah, Burnley are financially sound and none of their players are on hight wages, plus they got money from the Ings and Trippier transfers and Lowton was only rumoured to cost £1m. 

Burnley have no incentive to sell Shackell to one of their rivals and even they did he will cost us a lot of money. 

Nah, Burnley are financially sound and none of their players are on hight wages, plus they got money from the Ings and Trippier transfers and Lowton was only rumoured to cost £1m. 

Burnley have no incentive to sell Shackell to one of their rivals and even they did he will cost us a lot of money. 

Webster ruling would limit it though? If he wants to come, we'll get him.

Doesn't it only apply if he has been at the club long term?

He signed for them nearly 3 years ago on a 4 year deal. I think that if he signed at 28 or over he can invoke the Webster ruling  after 2 years of his contract. May be horribly wrong though.

He signed for them nearly 3 years ago on a 4 year deal. I think that if he signed at 28 or over he can invoke the Webster ruling  after 2 years of his contract. May be horribly wrong though.

Just reading on it now, he could in theory use it, but it also takes into account the value of the player for the club he is contracted to and considering that Shackell is Burnley's captain and one there key players he could be valued a lot.

A similar thing happened when Matuzalém moved from Shaktar to Zaragoza a committee decided on his value. Shaktar valued him at 25m, but the committee ended up valuing him at 11m and that was how much he transferred for. 

Just reading on it now, he could in theory use it, but it also takes into account the value of the player for the club he is contracted to and considering that Shackell is Burnley's captain and one there key players he could be valued a lot.

A similar thing happened when Matuzalém moved from Shaktar to Zaragoza a committee decided on his value. Shaktar valued him at 25m, but the committee ended up valuing him at 11m and that was how much he transferred for. 

Wasn't Warnock the Leeds captain at the time? 

Did we use Webster ruling though? I thought we just bought him on cheap because he was on his last year of his contract. 

I think the point is that the threat of the Webster ruling means that if a player wants the move the clubs might as well agree a fee and get on with it.

I think the point is that the threat of the Webster ruling means that if a player wants the move the clubs might as well agree a fee and get on with it.

I suppose, but I can see Burnley making this deal as hard and as lengthy as possible. This deal for Shackell will be a tough one I'am sure.

I suppose, but I can see Burnley making this deal as hard and as lengthy as possible. This deal for Shackell will be a tough one I'am sure.

True, but ultimately if he wants the move I believe we'll get him. 

Archived