SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official site says "...despite interest from a number of Premier League clubs".

Not really important, just interesting  :ermm:

Twelve of them?

Had a browse of the response on Twitter, there's a shed load if you search 'Weimann'

To summarise...

• Most Villa fans don't feel he's good enough for PL but reckon he'll be decent in the Championship
  • Some Villa fans are sad to see him go. Ruined under Lambert, not given a chance under Sherwood
  • Some Villa fans can't believe they managed to get actual money for him.
  • Fans of most other clubs, especially those in our division and lower PL are very impressed we've got him

Had a browse of the response on Twitter, there's a shed load if you search 'Weimann'

To summarise...

• Most Villa fans don't feel he's good enough for PL but reckon he'll be decent in the Championship
  • Some Villa fans are sad to see him go. Ruined under Lambert, not given a chance under Sherwood
  • Some Villa fans can't believe they managed to get actual money for him.
  • Fans of most other clubs, especially those in our division and lower PL are very impressed we've got him

I know two ST holders at Villa, and both have remarked that he is too good for the Championship, but not for mid-table Prem.  FWIW.   

"His problem is the company he keeps outside of football , I can't elaborate too much but he hangs around with a few wanna be gangstas like en it and he's not the only one."

That's the opinion of someone called villa57. The Brummie/Austrian hybrid gangster. What a terrifying combo.

I'm pleased with this signing, but I'm a little confused as to where we'll play him. Villa fans reckon he was wasted out wide and his best position is centre forward.

I'll run a poll: For what it's worth, I think he's a 8/10 Championship signing - probably most people's 9/10. 

I hope that he gets played in his correct position and we get the best out of him, although I do suspect we will sign him to play as a wideman / wide forward. 

I doubt he's quite at Ince's level, but he's a player the rest of the division will be in awe over. 

I'll run a poll: For what it's worth, I think he's a 8/10 Championship signing - probably most people's 9/10. 

I hope that he gets played in his correct position and we get the best out of him, although I do suspect we will sign him to play as a wideman / wide forward. 

I doubt he's quite at Ince's level, but he's a player the rest of the division will be in awe over. 

he will be much more team orientated than Ince though. Which is certainly an attribute. 

he will be much more team orientated than Ince though. Which is certainly an attribute. 

I wouldn't say Ince wasn't team orientated. He worked his ******** off, did his defensive work and filled in when he needed to. 

I expect similar from Weimann and Ince, but Weimann perhaps a bit more of a phsyical presence. I suspect Ince is technically better though.

I know two ST holders at Villa, and both have remarked that he is too good for the Championship, but not for mid-table Prem.  FWIW.   

I think he's a great player from what I've seen, but obviously that's just the standard MOTD highlights and whatever live games Villa may have on TV. We'll see how he does, but I'm excited.

I suggested him as a possible signing to link up with Martin a while ago. This was before Bent was here, and I suggested he would be a great option if we had got promoted to partner Bent. I've tried to find the post but had no luck, but basically I'm happy!

Archived