SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all of our 'targets' come in we'd be left with a bloody good squad! Possible first XI of...

Carson

Lowton Keogh/Pearce Shackell Forsyth

Hughes Thorne

Ince Martin Weimann

Bent

Unsure whether we'd start with 4 out of our back 5 as summer arrivals. If Shackell comes I'd like to see a centre back gone. One gone would be enough as we'd have Pearce and Shackell plus two of Buxton, Keogh & Albentosa. 4 players for two spots. Loan Rawson out to a Champ side to get a whole season of football under his belt (hopefully the paperwork is done right.)

If all of our 'targets' come in we'd be left with a bloody good squad! Possible first XI of...

Carson

Lowton Keogh/Pearce Shackell Forsyth

Hughes Thorne

Ince Martin Weimann

Bent

Unsure whether we'd start with 4 out of our back 5 as summer arrivals. If Shackell comes I'd like to see a centre back gone. One gone would be enough as we'd have Pearce and Shackell plus two of Buxton, Keogh & Albentosa. 4 players for two spots. Loan Rawson out to a Champ side to get a whole season of football under his belt (hopefully the paperwork is done right.)

​If another person puts Martin in CAM I might just go insane.

​If another person puts Martin in CAM I might just go insane.

Hardly CAM. It's the way you would line him up if you were to write it on a forum but that wouldn't be his role of course. He would be just behind Bent for me. Would give us more of a threat. Martin and Bryson were superb in 13/14 due to Bryson's runs beyond Martin, so to have a natural finisher like Bent making runs in an already advanced position should be a big threat for the opposition.

We haven't seen much of Martin & Bent together when both fully fit so we're all unsure how they'd work together but I'm confident it wouldn't be much of a problem.

Hardly CAM. It's the way you would line him up if you were to write it on a forum but that wouldn't be his role of course. He would be just behind Bent for me. Would give us more of a threat. Martin and Bryson were superb in 13/14 due to Bryson's runs beyond Martin, so to have a natural finisher like Bent making runs in an already advanced position should be a big threat for the opposition.

We haven't seen much of Martin & Bent together when both fully fit so we're all unsure how they'd work together but I'm confident it wouldn't be much of a problem.

​Isn't that just a 4-2-4 if Martin and Bent play together 

​Isn't that just a 4-2-4 if Martin and Bent play together 

Not necessarily. Formations are complicated, as for example when we play 4-3-3 we don't stick to that rigid shape all game. It depends on who has the ball, where the ball is, who has momentum etc.

When attacking we could end up with a sort of 4-2-4 yes, if we're playing a weaker side or already a couple up that could be a 4-1-1-4 if we're being technical.

I think a 4-2-3-1 would suit us. Two wide forwards but not as advanced as last season as we'd essentially have a man less in midfield. Martin wouldn't be the typical CAM as some have chosen to say I meant. But I think we'd be more of a threat if Martin and Bent worked off each other in a better way than a flat two strikers side by side.

Hopefully what I'm trying to say makes sense. Internet abroad is shitty so writing a proper post is challenging.

​Id say we wont see them start together all that much

Carson

New right back Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne  Hughes

Weimann       Ince        Russell

Martin

I think that team could win the league. Potentially signing our rival's players is another bonus

Not necessarily. Formations are complicated, as for example when we play 4-3-3 we don't stick to that rigid shape all game. It depends on who has the ball, where the ball is, who has momentum etc.

When attacking we could end up with a sort of 4-2-4 yes, if we're playing a weaker side or already a couple up that could be a 4-1-1-4 if we're being technical.

I think a 4-2-3-1 would suit us. Two wide forwards but not as advanced as last season as we'd essentially have a man less in midfield. Martin wouldn't be the typical CAM as some have chosen to say I meant. But I think we'd be more of a threat if Martin and Bent worked off each other in a better way than a flat two strikers side by side.

Hopefully what I'm trying to say makes sense. Internet abroad is shitty so writing a proper post is challenging.

​The thing I like about the 4-2-3-1 is that it adds more options for a plan B.

With the 4-3-3 we relied heavily on certain players like Martin, but in a 4-2-3-1 we don't have to, if we need to change a game plan you have options like Bryson and Dawkins to put into the CAM role and you can also put Weimann and Russell upfront as in a 4-3-3 they wouldn't really work in that lone forward role. 

Archived