SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

​I do indeed rate Russell quite highly, however, he's not undroppable and if we brought in both Ince and Weimann, Russell would have to make do on the bench.

Not all the time he'd be the same as any Rams player with a new coach fighting for the shirt  and rightly so  .

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one disappointed with Russell?

I like him. I love the passion and effort that he shows when on the pitch.

But ive been expecting so much more from him. I know hes had his injuries but he hasnt pushed on. I really think this is a massive season for Russell.

Hes one of those players that im quite happy if he stays but not bothered if he goes.

Infact theres only Chris Martin & George Thorne that I would be very disappointed to see leave. 

If the right offer came in for anyone else then id take it.

Villa fan:

I loved Weimann when he broke into the team in 2011/12, he was our best player for prolonged periods. Decent finisher, incredibly hard worker.  He's definitely a central striker, he just got kicked out to the wing because (seemingly) he was the guy in the squad least likely to complain about being played out of position.

He never quite kicked on for some reason and I'm not sure why.   I can't decide whether he is a player who got the big contract he was after and now can't be arsed or it's just that utterly bereaved of confidence at the moment and a spell in a team who create a lot of chances is exactly what he needs.   He's still young (turns 24 in the close season) and if £2m is to be believed then I think he is a steal.

But ive been expecting so much more from him. I know hes had his injuries but he hasnt pushed on. I really think this is a massive season for Russell.

Hes one of those players that im quite happy if he stays but not bothered if he goes.

Infact theres only Chris Martin & George Thorne that I would be very disappointed to see leave.

​Every time I watch Russell play I spend the time wishing he was a bit more aggressive and determined. He never quite seems to believe in himself.

From what I have seen of weimann I would have him over ince he looks like a team player and works hard going forward and back and that's what got us to the top . When ince and bent were in the same side the work rate drops the performance dropped off goals don't always win matches 

​He gets pushed off the ball far too easily. It was a big issue when he first joined, he's improved a little but it still holds him back - especially if you're daft enough to play him as a lone striker and expect him to play the role like Chris Martin.

He also makes the wrong decision far too often

How many people were identifying weimann as the answer to our wide forward problems a month ago?  And why is nobody else in for him?

Ince a far better, and proven, bet at this level

I would be delighted to have egg on my face if he turns out to be good though. And would happily admit to being wrong if so.

How many people were identifying weimann as the answer to our wide forward problems a month ago?  And why is nobody else in for him?

I would be delighted to have egg on my face if he turns our to be good though. And would happily admit to being wrong if so.

​I agree that Ince has proven himself time and again at championship level, but he has completely failed to establish himself in two poor premier league sides. Weimann has racked up over 100 appearances at that level. Also, Weimann doesn't have a manic father/agent sticking his oar in every two seconds.

I would hope that, if Weimann does come in, it's our attempt to find a legitimate alternative to 4-3-3 as almost all Villa fans agree he's wasted out wide.

Not all the time he'd be the same as any Rams player with a new coach fighting for the shirt  and rightly so  .

​Of course, however if Weimann and Ince are both on form, they are both game-winners.

Russell obviously has a place in the team, with those 3 wingers and possibly another loan signing, we have plenty of options that will all be used over the course of the season.

I'm just excited at the minute about the quality we might have come August, especially going forward. Martin, Bent, Ince, Weimann, Russell; any 3 f those would be a lethal combination at this level!

​JR is a bit like Ward for me. Spells of brilliance, picks up a knock then it takes him ages to get back to how he was playing. He was class first half of last season the noise from the "super John" song was deafening at times. He still has a lot to offer, hopefully pushes himself pre season to impress the boss.

If we're getting Bent then I can't see any place for Weimann except backup or a wide position, which every Villa fan says he looks uncomfortable in. At a push:

Weimann       Bent

Martin

Hughes          Hendrick/other

Thorne

LB        CB          CB         RB

Or maybe:

Weimann

Russell            Martin           AMR

Hughes      Thorne

LB           CB             CB          RB

If we sign Bent and Weimann then it's hard to see us sticking with the 4-3-3 which nearly got us promoted.

From what I have seen of weimann I would have him over ince he looks like a team player and works hard going forward and back and that's what got us to the top . When ince and bent were in the same side the work rate drops the performance dropped off goals don't always win matches 

​Ince was our hardest working player from January 2015 onwards. He made Russell look like Berbatov in comparison. 

​Ince was our hardest working player from January 2015 onwards. He made Russell look like Berbatov in comparison. 

The points in the game where the opposition is attacking and ince is stood with his hands on his hips just got right on my moobs ,we before January under Mac prided ourselves on hard work I feel that drops with bent and ince in the same side you can get away with one not two 

If we're getting Bent then I can't see any place for Weimann except backup or a wide position, which every Villa fan says he looks uncomfortable in. At a push:

Weimann       Bent

Martin

Hughes          Hendrick/other

Thorne

LB        CB          CB         RB

Or maybe:

Weimann

Russell            Martin           AMR

Hughes      Thorne

LB           CB             CB          RB

If we sign Bent and Weimann then it's hard to see us sticking with the 4-3-3 which nearly got us promoted.

​Neither of those formations anyway , Clemo will play 4-3-3 .

I would be delighted to have egg on my face if he turns out to be good though. And would happily admit to being wrong if so.

​Weimann is proved in the Premier League...

I remember his performance against Manchester United a season or two ago and despite eventually losing, he looked a class above, easily one of the best players on the pitch.

The points in the game where the opposition is attacking and ince is stood with his hands on his hips just got right on my moobs ,we before January under Mac prided ourselves on hard work I feel that drops with bent and ince in the same side you can get away with one not two 

​I disagree. Both were hard working, probably two of our most hard working players towards the back end of the season. Bent doesn't run around like a headless chicken, but he's always moving and making an angle. Ince did more defensive work than Russell in the last three months. I think he's stereotyped. I haven't seen a winger work as hard as him at Derby. As I said, he made Ward and Russell's work rate look poor. 

Ince had absolutely no faults during his time here, for me. He kept the ball well, he was dangerous in attack and worked hard for the team. 

I can't understand how anyone could fault his effort. He was absolutely miles ahead of anyone else in the team. Even against Reading, he was the only one that looked arsed about promotion - even at 2-0 down.

​I disagree. Both were hard working, probably two of our most hard working players towards the back end of the season. Bent doesn't run around like a headless chicken, but he's always moving and making an angle. Ince did more defensive work than Russell in the last three months. I think he's stereotyped. I haven't seen a winger work as hard as him at Derby. As I said, he made Ward and Russell's work rate look poor. 

Ince had absolutely no faults during his time here, for me. He kept the ball well, he was dangerous in attack and worked hard for the team. 

I can't understand how anyone could fault his effort. He was absolutely miles ahead of anyone else in the team. Even against Reading, he was the only one that looked arsed about promotion - even at 2-0 down.

I think we disagree on ince opinions are opinions I personally don't like him as I was never to keen on ward

​The alternative viewpoint is that when he did charge back to assist the defence and gave away a needless penalty, he would have been better off standing still and getting on your tits.

For the good of the team, of course.

Archived