The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Would have been nice to have an announcement from the tannoy telling people not to take flags home with them.

if at some point they dont bring them to every game, and it remains at a supporters home, then thats basically stealing. Right?

There was one - very clear about it, too. 

7 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I think if we got an early goal we would have had a great atmosphere going, but it was nervy and tense game and we never took the lead. 

Unfortunately what happens on the pitch dictates the atmosphere, if we went ahead the whole atmosphere, and game would have been totally different.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

There was one - very clear about it, too. 

Yep, it was in the tannoy and on the big screen. Some folk will take them no matter what.

Ideal world, there's stewards on the gates stopping people, but their job is to manage supporter safety, not collect flags.

Very difficult to stamp out completely.

Get Bucko to record a video message, warning of the consequences of flag nicking, that should do the trick.

"Hi Bucko here, thinking of taking that flag home?

Think again, I'll find out who you are, and where you live, then I'm coming for that flag, IN PERSON!".

54 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Get Bucko to record a video message, warning of the consequences of flag nicking, that should do the trick.

"Hi Bucko here, thinking of taking that flag home?

Think again, I'll find out who you are, and where you live, then I'm coming for that flag, IN PERSON!".

Free Jake Buxton appearance at every childrens' party

45 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Is a 1884 group exchange visit to Dortmund in the Pipeline to share ideas, or rather just see how the experts do it?

Perhaps mel can finance this for those hard working 4 who have to collect in the flags every game.

I would LOVE to do that, but we would need to make contact with their fan groups first to see if they would talk to us. European Ultras groups aren't always in the habits of sharing info with other clubs' supporters!

Keep making the noise it helps the players and it helped with the equalising goal etc.

Well done Derby County supporters, and remember it's always your choice to get behind your team or against your team.

Be positive, be loud and get behind Super Derby County Football Club at every opportunity.

20 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Is a 1884 group exchange visit to Dortmund in the Pipeline to share ideas, or rather just see how the experts do it?

Perhaps mel can finance this for those hard working 4 who have to collect in the flags every game.

It's dead easy, get 10,000 fans to turn up 1 1/2 before the game, singing, waving flags and building up the atmosphere, have the kop end all singing throughout the game no matter what the score, then all stay for 20 minutes saluting the players after the game, win lose or draw.

It's not going to happen here. Totally different mindset to us now.

21 hours ago, jagerbob said:

This is some of the video I took when we went around this time last year.

Bear in mind they had a really bad start and were in the bottom five until after the winter break and they still sold out 80,000.

The start of the video is over an hour before kick off, YNWA was about half an hour before KO.

The last bit of the video was part of the 10 minute standing ovation they received from the Yellow Wall after losing 1-0 at home to a poor Hanover side.

8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

The biggest difference between German and English football is the ticket price, meaning that more of us working class fellas can afford to go and as in the old popside, Ossie end days, create a better atmosphere.

The problem is that we are still paying it rather than protesting by not going. 

22 hours ago, jagerbob said:

The Memsahib and I are heading over there for a game in the spring.

Also they can take drink onto the terraces, so they probably think they might as well go in the ground and have a drink there.

Don't get me wrong, I think the 1884 are doing a great job, and it's improved immeasurably in the last few years, but we need to get that culture back of supporting the team through thick and thin. 

Archived