The 1884 Group

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

What about the corner?....You'd think the away fans would have made a bit of an effort.....put up a flag saying "your flag is far too big for you" or summat. sang "What the trucking ell is that?" or just all gone home before kick off, thinking they need to up there game!.......Do you know what the score was?.......bit of a p1sser if they got beat after getting that big flag out.

Think they won 3:2 against a local rival, so "alles gut"!

Maybe even more impressive than the flag is the fact they are in the third tier of the German league and still get crowds of over 22,000. Awesome support.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right then, can't argue with the impact so flags are staying in the North Stand tomorrow night.

As always, please ask people not to take them, and if you sit in the North Stand and can spare 20 mins at the end, we would be grateful if you could collect a few in.

Cheers

Everyone else, don't forget your scarves!

3 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

Right then, can't argue with the impact so flags are staying in the North Stand tomorrow night.

As always, please ask people not to take them, and if you sit in the North Stand and can spare 20 mins at the end, we would be grateful if you could collect a few in.

Cheers

Everyone else, don't forget your scarves!

Do you know if any disappeared? I noticed when i left on saturday that a lot of people were rolling them up as if to take them home. I'm gonna keep my eye out properly tomorrow, and maybe even help out or stop people from nabbing them.

it would be good if those dodgy sellers outside the ground were selling flags outside the ground like at wembley or for a play off semi. The more flags the merrier if you ask me.

55 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Going to have a quick count prematch tomorrow, I'm sure some got taken though.

If you can explain to those who don't know any better, that would be great.

Love that Mel said double the flags! Only £2000 needed!!

I am sure Mel will get his wallet out,for the extra flags lol,and by the way,  just like to say what a great job the 1884 group are doing.

Its great that Mel wants to help out with the flags but its even better that its a group of fans doing it off their own back.

Brilliant work 1884, keep it up, its appreciated by most of us I believe and its helping to build a fortress at home, slowly but surely. It must have some effect on the away team when they run out to a sea of scraves and flanges.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its great that Mel wants to help out with the flags but its even better that its a group of fans doing it off their own back.

Brilliant work 1884, keep it up, its appreciated by most of us I believe and its helping to build a fortress at home, slowly but surely. It must have some effect on the away team when they run out to a sea of scraves and flanges.

They are doing a great job. 

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I am sure Mel will get his wallet out,for the extra flags lol,and by the way,  just like to say what a great job the 1884 group are doing.

I'm sure he would too but I don't think he should.

I think there's enough of us to raise it ourselves. Only 154 people have donated so far which is very low numbers.

We have 23000 STH. Let's say half of them don't like what we're doing and another quarter can't afford to donate. That still leaves 6000 people. 34p each would take us over £2000!!

We hope to do a matchday collection soon but charities collect around the ground and it wouldn't be right to detract from them.

Having said all that, we don't want to pressure anyone into donating, it should be something people want to do so please don't take this as money grubbing!!

If anyone does want to help,

www.gofundme.com. com/1884group 

I can even set up a direct debit if you'd like to give a little each month, just email 1884group@Gmail.com and I can sort that.

Before anyone asks, all 4 of us have donated continually too!

Last thing, we usually head to the fan park before the match, always happy to have a chat!

26 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

I'm sure he would too but I don't think he should.

I think there's enough of us to raise it ourselves. Only 154 people have donated so far which is very low numbers.

We have 23000 STH. Let's say half of them don't like what we're doing and another quarter can't afford to donate. That still leaves 6000 people. 34p each would take us over £2000!!

We hope to do a matchday collection soon but charities collect around the ground and it wouldn't be right to detract from them.

Having said all that, we don't want to pressure anyone into donating, it should be something people want to do so please don't take this as money grubbing!!

If anyone does want to help,

www.gofundme.com. com/1884group 

I can even set up a direct debit if you'd like to give a little each month, just email 1884group@Gmail.com and I can sort that.

Before anyone asks, all 4 of us have donated continually too!

Last thing, we usually head to the fan park before the match, always happy to have a chat!

Just emailed yourself,because I would love to help out , a little each month.

I'm sure that there must be a comment somewhere by someone else but it sounded like Steve Bloomer's watching had been re-recorded at a faster speed on Saturday and is much better for that. Almost everyone clapping in time until the last few notes. Much better.

Unless they had the record on 78 by mistake 

Archived