Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

​A lot of sides seem to be playing with 2 and I think would suit us... Allows the FBs to get forward more safely, and the front 4 to worry less about covering the middle...

I'd play Hughes in the hole though as think he'd be wasted in the 2...

​or a 5-3-2. 

We don't have fullbacks, we have wingbacks. Christie and Forsyth would love that system. Also allows us to play two up top should Bent or another striker come in

Grant

Keogh    Albentosa   Pearce

Christie                               Fozzy

Bryson Thorne Hughes

Martin

Bent

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​or a 5-3-2. 

We don't have fullbacks, we have wingbacks. Christie and Forsyth would love that system. Also allows us to play two up top should Bent or another striker come in

​No thanks... :D

4-2-3-1 please

Grant

Christie Keogh Bucko Fozzy

Thorne The Eust

Russell Hughes Dawkins

Martin

With current squad

Leon Britton's come out and said he's looking for regular football, if Hendrick left I'd imagine he'd be on our radar 

I'd get him in and make him captain. 

He's a perfect signing for us in my eyes. 9.5/10 as he epitomises consistency and leadership in the middle of the park. He never loses the ball and has a good record with recovering the ball. 

4-2-3-1 please

Grant

Thorne The Eust

Russell Hughes Dawkins

Martin

With current squad

​What about the other 40 games where Thorne and Eustace are injured, what's your plan B before I consider hiring you

Grant

New rb Keogh/Albentosa Pearce Forsyth

Thorne  Britton

Ince        Hughes        Russell

Martin

With that midfield i can see us having at least 60% of possession every match. Madness

​Would you put Weimann ahead of Russell and would you still keep Christie in the squad? 

4-2-3-1 please

Grant

Thorne The Eust

Russell Hughes Dawkins

Martin

With current squad

​What about the other 40 games where Thorne and Eustace are injured, what's your plan B before I consider hiring you

GUNG HO!!!! :mellow:

​                Grant

Thorne The Eust

Russell Hughes Dawkins

Martin

Weiiimann        Bent

Little bit of chatter out there suggesting we are talking to Liam Rosenior.

Otherwise known as:
New manager + poor defence = linked to all the released/out of favour defenders going

To be fair to Rosenior, if you wanted to buy a player very good at defending his flank then he is a reasonable shout.  He is not great in the final third, but depends on how you want to set-up I guess.  

PULIS CHASES REAL STAR

West Brom are in talks with Real Madrid over a deal for midfielder Cristian Benavente, reports the Mail On Sunday.

Never heard of him, Benavente not Pulis, but come on you computer game guys, is he a player that Clement might be saying to Mel get him for me Chairman?

After two solid acquisitions, we should not go on to look to build early on further, so the squad gets a long pre-season together. Just some suggestions, to kick us back off again:

LB (Replacement for Warnock): Let's face it Warnock is useless and the sooner he goes the better. As a back up I'd fancy a younger defender - perhaps with success in a lower league? E.g. Bryan, Coker. Barry Douglas perhaps?

RB: Though I personally think there are areas to strengthen first, I'd like to see us pursue our interest in Matt Lowton. Another loan or permanent for Wisdom would be quite acceptable too.

CDM: Not recruiting another would be a phenomenal mistake as Thorne could easily get re-injured. Eustace still hasn't signed a deal so I'd like to see either Guedioura (as previously mentioned) or potentially Hogg? He's had a good season at Huddersfield, he's a hard worker, has a good engine and is a good passer of the ball.

RW: Obviously I want Ince. Not matter what others say, his input was brilliant and his goals kept us going in tough times to salvage a point or three. Hull understandably may want to keep him, but he seemed keen to return? Weimann could be a good addition, but ST is his first position. There are inevitably lots of options out there for a wide position.

I'd like B. Douglas, Lowton, Hogg and Ince - and I don't think they're out of the question either! Another striker maybe?

Archived